Announcement: A TG2 forum for experienced users

Started by nikita, June 28, 2008, 08:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikita

Hi everybody,

Some of you may remember me as the guy who runs TGBlog. :)
Revenant and I have founded a forum for advanced TG2 users. It can be found at tg2board.tgblog.de

Why another forum? There are two main reasons:
1. In most other communities (*cough* Renderosity) people won't tell you what they're thinking. They'll just praise any image they come across, even if it has obvious flaws.
That's where our forum comes in - it is intended to be a platform where people can get detailed criticism from experienced users. We believe that honest and helpful comments can enable you to push your image FAR beyond the point at which the inexperienced user calls it "Perfect!".
2. We want to create a place where people can meet and share ideas and techniques. Not the usual problems that can be solved by asking google - but the really interesting stuff that pushes TG2 to it's limits!

That's our offer :)

Note that we're not doing this to just aggregate users. We're not interested in a high post count or personal data. We're not trying to lure people away from here either .. TG2Board is not designed to replace existing forums but as an addition to them. :)

If you still wonder what this is all about, this thread might help: http://tg2board.tgblog.de/index.php?topic=5.0

Have a nice weekend!
nikita

sjefen

I just got myself registered.
It looks pretty slick. I like it ;)
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Seth

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

Personally I've always been a bit dismayed by the potential community dilution that happens with a million forums on the same topic (if a solution is found on one forum, others on any other forum may not ever hear of it, for one example). There are also already other communities I might consider "expert", or at least already oriented to problem-solving and innovation. Nonetheless I truly wish you the best of luck. In the end if your community is successful, it must be filling a need, and the Terragen community as a whole is enriched.

- Oshyan

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Oshyan on June 28, 2008, 07:03:18 PM
Personally I've always been a bit dismayed by the potential community dilution that happens with a million forums on the same topic (if a solution is found on one forum, others on any other forum may not ever hear of it, for one example). There are also already other communities I might consider "expert", or at least already oriented to problem-solving and innovation. Nonetheless I truly wish you the best of luck. In the end if your community is successful, it must be filling a need, and the Terragen community as a whole is enriched.

- Oshyan

I see your point, and you have one, let's see...time will learn :)

nikita

Quote from: Oshyan on June 28, 2008, 07:03:18 PM

- Oshyan

It wasn't me, Planetside started this11?!!111  ;D
Just kidding -  I see what you mean. I actually expected that kind of concerns sooner. We tried to formulate a goal that sets it apart from the existing forums (except rendus3d as i learned) but as you said, time has to show how it evolves and if it adds to the community.
As every project I'm starting, this is an experiment, so rest assured that I'll not hesitate to tear this project down again or prune it back if it turned out to do more harm than good. Building up a community just for the sake of being an admin in my own community - that's not my goal. :)
I'll also try to add techniques discussed there to the blog so they're easily available to people who decide not to read tg2board too.

Oshyan

Sounds good Nikita. I think your goals are good, and it is clear you have always had the best interest of the whole community in mind with the projects you do. :)

- Oshyan

lightning