Peten Desert

Started by Martchi, July 07, 2008, 04:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martchi

Terrain Philippe Bullot (merci Philippe) Arbre Xfrog, herbe Lightning(merci),MPVC[attach=#]

lightning

holy smoke this is real i love the sand!!!! the texturing is just superb ;)

Will

wonderful, the foreground is superb. The peaks look a little too eroded to me but thats just my opinion. Great work all around.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Phylloxera

I took again the comment of ChristianFly on Rendus 3D, it seems to me perfect:
“The quality of the unit is impressive. Light dunes all in smoothness with the distribution of small stones on sand while passing by the small key of the 4 or 5 small grass tufts, all is there. Cheer!”

rcallicotte

Great work.  Very beautiful.  The sand could look a little grainier, but overall this looks just about real.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

excellent render !
light and terrain, texture and vegetation !
love it !

otakar

Fantastic! Looks very real to me.

Zylot

Entirely well composed, and very realistic.

I3D

Wow that looks amazing man, well done man, very nice composition :)

Mr_Lamppost

Have to agree; very realistic.  The palm in the foreground is a nice touch.  Well done.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

BlueRose

I really really like this, excellent job!

RogueNZ

The best TG2 image I've seen for bloody ages. Renders like these are the reason why everyday day i check the gallerys to see how TG is progressing. Inspiring.

Tangled-Universe

Great work Marcello.
You've managed to combine many technical aspects in a single image.

The cloudlayers look good and work well together, though the clouds could use some more definition in the bottom areas, but I'm a little picky here :)
Terrain and surfacing are good, I like the nice touch of angled strata on the right.
The rippled sand is very cool! Good colors also! The only thing I'd like to see improved is that you can distinguish different colors of sandgrains. That would make this the best TG2 sand ever :)
Everybody, or at least the majority, seems to like the palm so much but I don't. It's a bit distracting and somehow I have the feeling it is not in its place if you know what I mean.
It's correct to have palm in a desertscene, for sure. I just think the image doesn't need and benefit from it.
The couple of grass-clumps work perfectly for this scene.

Looking forward to see your next one!

Martin