Render Black

Started by rcallicotte, July 22, 2008, 07:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

I'm using the latest Alpha.  This is just after the pre-render and going into the main render.  It's only a clip so it didn't take as long.  I'm 4000 meters above the surface.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

jo

Hi Calico,

Project files are always handy if possible. It's so much easier to track down a problem if you can reproduce it.

Regards,

Jo

rcallicotte

Sorry, Jo.  Thought maybe I might have had something that's a repeat offender.

When you (or someone) has time, here's my file.

This has two image map shaders, but they amount to nothing...just diffuse orange and red.  So...I'll replace these with PFS on my side to see if it matters.

[edit - I'm using the Quick Render]

rcallicotte

I took the shaders out of the TGD and put the clip into another file.  The same results - black render after what looks like a perfect pre-render.  This time I didn't use any image mapping...only powerfractals.

rcallicotte

Just a reminder...this sucks.   ;D 

I know it has something to do with the shader setup, but so far I can't isolate it.  I'll try again this afternoon.

Oshyan

It's actually due to your GI blur radius, or at least changing it (to the default of 8, for example) seems to resolve the problem. Indeed various combinations of GI settings will change how the error manifests. It may be due to the GI system but I think more likely there is something in your shader setup that making the GI go wonky. Of course if you turn off GI it works fine. I'll continue to investigate...

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

What I've found - Changing the Suface Shader input for the Fake Stone Shader fixed this.  I was using a PFS with a Cloud Shader.  Maybe that was messed up.