my way to get STARS!

Started by mayda, January 12, 2007, 03:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayda

hi guys!

i will answer to all people has ask me the way to create stars like that attatched

first of all you need a starfield image...
that you've to go in the background object... change his shader with a default shader
go into the proprieties of it and set the starfield image in the diffuse colour and in the luminosity colour...
set the luminosity to an higher value (in this image i've used 10)....
that's all...
hope that this may be helpful!

may

Dark Fire

Thanks - that is very helpful. Perhaps a starfield image could be included with T2TP.

mayda

maybe not enought interesting...

:'(

The Geostation

Nice one mayda, those stars have been executed really convincingly  :).   This thread should be added to the list of tutorial links.

Andrew Randle
The Geostation
Andrew Randle
The Geostation

rcallicotte

Thanks, Mayda.  This is cool.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

edlo

Amazing! not the stars, the brilliant rock formations, the eclipse effect and the composition really something :P ;D

Angealus

Anyway you could spell that out a little better Mayda? Or possibly put the tgd in here so I can see what you're doing? Thanks.

hyper1

May,

I agree that this should additionally be placed in the "Tutorial" section.  The subject of starfields comes up frequently and you have a very practical approach.  I might suggest that if you make a little tutorial along these lines to include a .tgd file and perhaps some links to some freeware that generates starfields such as "Universe".
Thanks for sharing,
Gary Poole
Quote from: mayda on January 12, 2007, 03:20:20 AM
hi guys!

i will answer to all people has ask me the way to create stars like that attatched

first of all you need a starfield image...
that you've to go in the background object... change his shader with a default shader
go into the proprieties of it and set the starfield image in the diffuse colour and in the luminosity colour...
set the luminosity to an higher value (in this image i've used 10)....
that's all...
hope that this may be helpful!

may

moodflow

Thanks for the tip. 
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

FrankThomas

That actually works a whole lot better than the way I was doing it - thanks for that :)

[edit] don't forget to set the projection to "through Camera" though or it looks weird

crazymonkey

mayda

ok... i'm back in the forum just today...
i'll work to create a more accurate tutorial with some tgd....
thanks for your interest

Angealus

Thanks for the limited tutorial Mayda. I used it to create this. ;D

mayda

i'm ready to write my tutorial accurately...
first of all you've to put the attatched "stars.jpg" files into your folder c:/ ....
this is a starfield that i've generated using glitterato (a photoshop plugin, youi may download it for free... it's a limited time demo)
http://www.flamingpear.com/download.html

first step, we want to add this starfield to the sky.
Go in the object panel, select your background, than the surface shader tab.
Into this you've to create a new shader, a new "default shader" where now there's a background shader.

Go into it and set the stars.jpg as a background for diffuse colour and for luminosity.
Set the luminosity value at higher value if you want to make stars visible by day.

mayda

movin' your camera you may obtain something like this