It is going to rain

Started by dwilson, July 16, 2008, 12:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

It's rendering for almost 5 hours already Devin.
Hopefully it is finished when I'm back from work (7,5 hours later) :)

I took the liberty to disable the GI surface detail because it saves LOTS of rendertime and you'll probably not notice the difference.
If so I can always render it again.

Quote from: seth93 on July 17, 2008, 05:04:39 AM
nice bug under the cloud ^^

I think it isn't a bug, but just a piece of unfinished render, aborted by the user ;)

Martin

dwilson

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on July 17, 2008, 05:27:13 AM
It's rendering for almost 5 hours already Devin.
Hopefully it is finished when I'm back from work (7,5 hours later) :)

I took the liberty to disable the GI surface detail because it saves LOTS of rendertime and you'll probably not notice the difference.
If so I can always render it again.

Quote from: seth93 on July 17, 2008, 05:04:39 AM
nice bug under the cloud ^^

I think it isn't a bug, but just a piece of unfinished render, aborted by the user ;)

Martin

Martin that is fine and thanks so much for rendering this.

Seth93 the "bug" under the cloud is there because of a memory error that appeared before the render finished rendering and caused the render to stop.

Seth

damn... i hope the final one will be great ^^

Tangled-Universe

It's rendering in 2 instances with 2 cores each and the left half of the image with 2% overlap, which is just enough for this resolution, is finished after 13,5 hours :)
Now I just have to let the other instance use the other 2 cores as well and this should be finished tonight!

I'll send you the .bmp by e-mail and if it doesn't fit your mailbox it will be .jpg with lowest compression.

Martin

edit: finished! ;D

dwilson

Here is the large image that Tangled Universe rendered for me. 

http://www.visualrivetstudios.com/visualrivetstudios/terragen/desert_cloudsk_large.jpg

I have been working on some changes in the cloud and the water so this probably won't be the final image.
Devin

nvseal

Great scene. The surfacing looks good.

Cyber-Angel

Would you be willing to share your clouds in the cloud library, or at least provide your settings as I'd vary much like to learn from what you've done?  ;D

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel   

dwilson

Quote from: Cyber-Angel on July 17, 2008, 11:31:32 PM
Would you be willing to share your clouds in the cloud library, or at least provide your settings as I'd vary much like to learn from what you've done?  ;D

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel  

I just put them up.  Thank you for reminding me.  I have been meaning to put them in the cloud library.

Devin

Seth

amazing cloud !
good job !!!

rcallicotte

This is a great render.  I love everything about it. 

Thanks for sharing your clouds with us.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?