Floraworks groundcover Deluxe pack V1.5 UPDATED!

Started by lightning, July 20, 2008, 04:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

The current version of Terragen will do this already, but only if you remove the "D:\floraworks\lightning" etc. paths before the filename. The current version assumes that if you have absolute paths like that (beginning with a drive letter or a slash) then you are telling it exactly where to look and you don't want it to search the object path. (It will still search any paths in the Content Library, however, so it is inconsistent in that respect.)

We are probably going to make it so that future versions will look in the object path even if you have an absolute path specified, but it isn't really necessary if the objects are set up differently.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

lightning

how do you remove absolute paths?
do you just remove like Z:\floraworks\groundcover\
and just leave it with \field poppy\models\
if so do i do this in the default shader when i assign the image map because it comes up with the direct path name

reck

From reading what Matt said it sounds like if the textures are in the current folder next to the object you can just put the texture name, e.g. teaf.tif. If the textures are in a folder called maps then you put maps\leaf.tif, if you put the texture in a leaf folder within maps folder you put maps\leaf\leaf.tif etc

This means the paths are relative to the object and you don't need to put the full path which only makes sense on your machine and no-one elses for instance D:\floraworks\lightning\plants\maps\leaf\leaf.tif

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Tangled-Universe

My bankaccount confirmation for Paypal is still pending so I still have to wait a couple of days to buy this pack. Can't wait to get my hands on this one :)

Tangled-Universe

Ok, my Paypal is set and ready to be used, but now your site isn't available?
Do you happen to know why?

Martin

rcallicotte

I plan to buy this tomorrow.  Will you have all of the files updated by then?  If not, I can wait.

Let us know.

lightning

no i haven't got round to doing that yet i am busy with school at the moment

reck

Hi Lightning,

Have you managed to fix the scale problems on your models yet? I've not been able to use them in my scenes since i puchased them because they are taller than the trees and they won't scale down.

kind regards

lightning

hey all sorry about all this mess ::) i will try and get them fixed its just that it takes so long to do and i have heaps of school work to do so i have no time really but i will try and get them fixed :)

buzzzzz1

Hey, at least he's sticking with the Theme of things.   :D
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

reck

Lightning I have no desire to take you away from your homework. I guess you will just have to make the changes as and when you get chance (within a reasonable time-frame). If these were some of your free models I wouldn't be in a position to ask for anything, but seeing as these are paid for items I think it's reasonable to ask for a fix.

To be honest I didn't think it was an issue at first, I thought I could just resize them myself in terragen and resave them out. But for some reason they won't scale down to a believable size, I guess it's because they are so massive to begin with. From what I can tell these are good high quality models and I look forward to using them. Thanks.

reck

I just wanted to leave another message about this. I've received the update that lightning sent out and everything is looking a lot better now. The objects are coming in at a good size and so far no path errors.

Congratulations on a good job lightning. By taking the time to go back and fix this problem for your customers and actually improving it as well, with the better textures and the extra object, it shows that you take your work seriously and want to ensure a high quality. I will have no hesitation from buying from you in future. 10/10 for quality and customer support :)

lightning

thank you Reck and all who bought this pack i really want to see what you do with them if anyone wants to buy this pack now don't because i haven't updated the merchant link will do that tonight  ;)

anyway i have made 8 new grass species for a pack im making dubbed the epic grass pack v1 it contains 8 species of grass so in total there will be over 30 models. these grasses arnt just like the free high res grass they look amazing ranging from lawn grass to savanna grass
the pack contains
lawn grass
rough cut grass (like the lawn grass but more rougher look)
savanna grass which has a wavy effect to it looks sensational
hard grass good for swamp scenes or to include with other grass species
flowering grass which has little flower buds on the ends
high res clumps these have proper leaves and are perfect to include with other grasses
and the last two i cant remember but they are all modeled and should be available this weekend ;)
i will get some of them rendered so i can show you ;D
would anyone be interested? it will be the same price as the ground cover pack so 15 bux which is very reasonable

rcallicotte

Can we see some sample renders, lightning?  I know you have quality, but I still need to see before I spend.  $15 isn't coming as easy as it once did.   :)