Time to fish

Started by dkf, July 19, 2008, 08:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkf

My first post and my first good render since water transparency is available. Populating with trees and grass was also new for me. Terragen also seemed to give the following error (error in rendering thread) from time to time so i had to render again a few times. It's still a wip but i'm happy with it. Rendering took 23 hours and 15 minutes @ 1920x1440. Trees and grass are by lightning. I still want to add fish and maybe a few other things later. Enjoy!!

Phylloxera

Good first post - Beautiful achievement - realistic picture - the stones are a little too angular for my taste, but all is really well balanced - great job!

dkf

It's hard to get the stones exactly right. Most stones look good but some are half textured or small at the bottom and big in the top. So tweaking them to look realistic is pretty hard  ;)

Blonderator

Very realistic. Nice job! I think the stones look just fine, and you did a great job with the water and trees. And clouds too :D

rcallicotte

Check out the Rock Library in the File Sharing section for examples of what you could do with the fake stones...

Good first post.

Quote from: dkf on July 19, 2008, 09:38:55 AM
It's hard to get the stones exactly right. Most stones look good but some are half textured or small at the bottom and big in the top. So tweaking them to look realistic is pretty hard  ;)
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

lightning

oh my this is amazing i dont think you have to change the rocks they look fine how they are ;)
the clouds are brilliant!!!

Seth

some bad shapes on the fake stones (kind of mushrooms) but still a very good render !

Tangled-Universe

I agree with Seth and the others about the stones' shapes, but they're still quite good.
I'd like to see the stones to be a bit more textured/detailed. Further it would be nice to see some bushes under the trees, which gives a stronger natural look.
The rest of the image is simply very good. Good clouds, composition and water. Great work!

Martin

dkf

Quote from: lightning on July 19, 2008, 10:50:43 PM
oh my this is amazing i dont think you have to change the rocks they look fine how they are ;)
the clouds are brilliant!!!

Tnx lightning!!! Your trees and grass made this picture what it is. Keep up the good work, you know it's appreciated  ;)

dkf

here is a link to the 1920x1200 version for those that like the details  ;)

http://dkf.deviantart.com/art/Time-to-fish-92345340

Virex

You know, you could do away with the stones altogheter and have a near-perfect image. Also, the grass in the foreground looks a bit too green and regular, but that could be a problem in the model. It's realy good though.