new scaling method for my plants!

Started by lightning, July 24, 2008, 09:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightning

as you know i create plants ;D
and i have found away to accurately size my models to real life scale!
i will show you how i do it

first i set up a default scene nevercenter silo then i import the two rulers from xfrog these are correctly scaled to real life  size.
as shown in the image below the poppy before scaling is 60m tall! compared to the correctly scaled common ash.

this is silly so i resize the poppy to the correct size which is about 70cm tall using the xfrog 0-100 cm ruler as my guide. as shown in the image below

also the common ash which is available for free had to be resized it was originally 5m tall which is way to small so using the xfrog big ruler as my guide i scaled it to 29m tall.
you can see in the image it stands next to the field poppy circled in red.

if you open up the mr lamp posts scale scenes you will see that the models correspond correctly with the posts meaning they are the correct scale!!

so from now on all the models i distribute weather for free or on sale they will be accurately scaled to there correct sizes!

now all i need to do is sort out this texture path problem :)

dandelO

I think if you keep all the textures in the same folder as the model(i.e. not in a seperate sub-folder inside the model's directory called 'textures') then the C:\documents and settings\model directory\etc. sections are dropped by default in the 'colour, translucency, luminosity and opacity image' boxes of the default shader in TG2.
I know if I open a model in TG2 and the textures are stored anywhere other than the folder that the model is in, then I need to reassign each one manually, that's when TG uses the 'C:\' prefixes in the 'colour image, etc.' boxes, if it needs to be told where each texture is.

If the model and all it's textures are in the same folder then just the filename will do, not the full path(although it still works obviously if you type, or paste, the full path in the box).

Is that what you mean, Jack?

lightning

that is what i do and people are still saying they have problems ???

DeathTwister

Hum bought the pack but didn't know there was trouble, humm, well I am rendering a huge render in TG2 so when it is done I will take a look at them myself and give my 2 cents worth maybe.  But they sure look good atm from what I have seen.

I am also deep in the 3D Game Studio Engine trying to get a demo level out in 3 weeks so I am a bit stretched ATM lolol, but I will take a wack at it soon.

DT
Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions