Started by Yoda Almighty, July 03, 2008, 12:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on July 17, 2008, 07:51:02 AM

Blender works really slow on my pc, strange :(

really strange ^^

lightning

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on July 17, 2008, 07:51:02 AM
hmmmm...I should really consider trying to get me started with modeling sometime.
I just have the idea it is really complicated, but ok...that was also my first impression of TG2 :)

Lightning, what's so easy about Silo (compared to Blender)?
Blender works really slow on my pc, strange :(
much better i find it so much easier to use no stupid little buttons crammed at the bottom of the interface you can hardly see ::) it was used in heavenly sword you know the ps3 game and heaps of other productions.
just download the free trial here and see for yourself ;D
http://nevercenter.com/download/

Tangled-Universe

Thanks Lightning :)

If I ever have time, lol, I'll definitely give it a try!

Martin

Xpleet

I use Cinema4D and try to make buildings and starships with it, because I think it is amongst the most easy programs to use.

Zbrush is phuntastic to make organic shapes right out of your creative mind.

I'd dress it up and scene it inside Vue6 which is excellent also.

Seth

Zbrush's very good but expensice too ^^

lightning

yeah i have zbrush thats a great program i hate the interface though :(

rcallicotte

Silo is used all over the place professionally and its price is reasonable.

Quote from: lightning on July 17, 2008, 03:32:51 AM
if you have got abit of spare money you should try silo!
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Xpleet

Truespace is now free!

that is -600bucks

QuoteDear Caligari community member,

Today is an important day in the 23 year history of trueSpace. We are releasing a major upgrade to our flagship product with trueSpace7.6, bringing significant improvements in modeling, animation, rendering and workflows, plus new direct export to Virtual Earth.Most of these you might already expect if you've been following my regular Captain's Blog posts at http://forums1.caligari.com/truespace/showthread.php?t=893.

What you may not expect is that we are making trueSpace7.6 available to everyone at no charge, in a giant step forward to bring high-end 3D authoring tools to all who want them!

trueSpace7.6 is far more than a SketchUp-style 3D architectural modeling tool. Instead, it provides a complete 3D authoring environment for any type of 3D content creation, whether that's images, animations, objects for games, or content or worlds for online interactive shared spaces.

trueSpace7.6's modeling tools feature a variety of surface representations including full polygonal editing, subdivision surface modeling, NURBS, metaballs, and implicit surfaces. Those are supported by400+ modeling tools like real-time Boolean operations with full construction history so you can move subtracted parts of your design at any time during your work, or even change a subtraction to an intersection.

trueSpace 7.6 also provides advanced surfacing tools like layered materials, texture maps, normal maps, procedural materials, UVE projections, real-time DX9 pixel shaders that include shaders to simulate subsurface scattering, reflection, refraction, smoke, fire, water, anisotropicshader, metallic paint, glass ¨C and those are just the real-time shaders!

The animation capabilities are even more impressive.trueSpace7.6 supports key-frame and motion capture animation on fully hierarchical objects. Key-frame animations can be seamlessly blended with procedural animations and physical simulations, all of which can fully interact with each other. This means you can have a walking character animated by key-frames getting hit by a procedurally animated car and fly away in response to the collision thanks to physical simulation.

In trueSpace7.6 you can also create fully articulated characters and interact with them using full body IK with editable direct manipulation widgets for joints (including physical stiffness), and apply physics oranimated morphs for facial expressions.

If you want to create a photorealisticimagesor a video, then the built-in Lightworks high quality offline renderer will give you spectacular rendering results including soft shadows, raytracing, global illumination in form of hybrid radiosity, image based lighting, caustics, tone mapping, HDRI, anisotropic reflectance,multi-pass rendering to Photoshop layers, motion blur, depth of field, lens flares etc.

trueSpace's award-winning direct manipulation interface with its easy-to-use 2D controls and 3D widgets has always been highly praised by users and press alike.For version 7.6 we have streamlined many workflows in extensive collaboration with our Beta testers. The UI is context-based and fully configurable, including toolbars, panels, widgets, layouts and projects. With universal drag-and-drop you can simply drop your model from the 3D workspace directly into an e-mail, written document, etc, and vice versa, clicking on the object in an e-mail will automatically open it in trueSpace.

There are also a series of advanced editors. In addition to the 3D workspace and modeling editors, there are a universal 2D node link editor, a script editor,a non-linear animation editor, a material editor, a UV editor, and more. Plug-ins are now accessible from the real-time 3D workspace and we expect to release truly amazing plug-ins for trueSpace7.6 in the near future, as well as stimulate 3rd party creation of independent products both free and commercial thanks to the availability of an SDK.

Finally, trueSpace7.6 is the only 3D authoring tool on the market which will allow you do all of the above in real-time shared 3D collaborative spaces where members of the design or animation team can maintain real-time interaction from anywhere in the world.

We are taking the unprecedented step of making these tools available to everyone for free in order to stimulate content creation for the present and future online 3D environments, and so that any artist out there with a dream can fulfill their vision without finding themselves trapped by budget limitations. This is particularly true if their vision includes emerging 3D online worlds, where free and unrestricted communities of web artists can collaborate on 3D projects and even establish new kinds of communities the likes of which the world has never seen before, way beyond simple chats in isolated 3D rooms or 3D islands.

Above all, trueSpace7.6 will empower you to create anything you dream up, whether you want to make illustrations for National Geographic, design products for Rolls-Royce, create buildings for Virtual Earth, make advertising or training videos, architectural walkthroughs, innovative video games, or animated films.All of these possibilities are now open to you simply by downloading trueSpace7.6 and learning what its powerful 3D authoring tools can do for you!

To download trueSpace7.6, visit the link below:
http://cart1.caligari.com/web/Truespacemainreg.aspx

Also, to aid in your learning process we have made all of our video courses, previously $79 each, available at no charge, and you can download those courses here.

Another good way to learn is to join our active user community on our forums: (http://forums1.caligari.com/truespace/index.php).

At a time when other companies are removing their low cost products to make it even tougher to get started in 3D, it gives us great pleasure to enable all artists regardless of age or income to create 3D in whatever field they dream of. We hope you enjoy your copy of trueSpace7.6.

rcallicotte

Thanks for the news about Caligari.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Cayenne

I'm using trueSpace but only just started with TG2 , also havent had much spare time for the last few years , so havent brought any models in yet .

trueSpace 7.6 has also just been released for Free .

www.caligari.com

he he pipped to the post

Yoda Almighty

my dad is going to be downloading Maya autodesk soon, on his new mac book. he has to do it at school, since it's such a massive download.

I am really looking forward to it :)
all music instruments are ridiculously expensive to repair, with the possible exception of the triangle.

Terry Pratchet, Masqurade

Virex

I usualy use Wings to scetch up a model and then finish it off in Blender, since Wings doesn't handle things like subsurfing. It's a steep learning curve, but I'll understand most of it, one day...

Yoda Almighty

thats what I used to do, but I now work exclusively with blender.
all music instruments are ridiculously expensive to repair, with the possible exception of the triangle.

Terry Pratchet, Masqurade