Terragen 2 Technology Preview, Free Non-Commercial Edition.

Started by marginata, July 31, 2008, 03:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marginata

Mat and the team

Terragen 2 Technology Preview, Free Non-Commercial Edition.

Thanks for the abovementioned download. This will give me the chance to play TG with my new Q9550 box and cant see much else being done for a while

Regards

Mike

cyphyr

Spend the money :)

Ahh I hadn't seen Matts anouncement about the free version being updated to the latest version, Great news !! Still limited in render size, max AA and max populations I think.

You do know that once Terragen goes gold, (ie no longer in its beta testing phase) it will cost considerably more than it does now.
Also at the moment the free version is not nearly so optimised as the commercial version (ie slower) and has a number of other limitations as well.
I really would advise spending the money now.

Below is quoted directly from Planedsides website.

QuoteThe Free Non-Commercial edition has a number of limitations which are removed when you Pre-Purchase Terragen 2:

The Pre-Purchase includes:

* License for commercial use
    * Render images larger than 800 x 600
    * Render images with higher detail and anti-aliasing quality
    * No hard limit on the number of object populations (the Free Edition is limited to 3)
    * Animation and motion blur capabilities if you purchase the Animation option

All of the above benefits are extended through to the final release of Terragen 2, scheduled for completion in 2007, including any minor updates (2.x versions) beyond that at no extra charge.
Pre-Purchase options

Pre-Purchase Terragen 2 "Deep": $199 (upgrade from registered v0.9 for $100)

* Terragen 2 Technology Preview without feature restrictions
    * License for one user and 3 additional render node licenses
    * Free updates to Terragen 2 "Deep" edition final release and subsequent minor updates (2.x versions)

Pre-Purchase Terragen 2 "Deep" with Animation: $299 (upgrade from registered v0.9 for $200)

* Terragen 2 Technology Preview without feature restrictions
    * Animatable parameters, motion blur, improved anti-aliasing for animations
    * License for one user and 5 additional render node licenses
    * Free updates to Terragen 2 "Deep" edition final release and subsequent minor updates (2.x versions)
    * Free updates to Terragen 2 Animation module available upon final release and subsequent minor updates (2.x versions)

Happy rendering

Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

rcallicotte

Listen to Cyphyr, if you're interested in doing something cool with TG2.  The price will go up, once it's gold.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

marginata

I really do not need to be told when and where to spend my money - one of the problems with a few on this forum is their small minded attitudes to others here

I have waited for this new version to come out so that i can see how my new box performs before spending my money - I have a Minister for Finance to convince first

This version still seems to have problems with it turning itself off after saving the render and as for speed of rendering my box craps all over the TG benchmark at 1min and 1 sec

Mike

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

cyphyr

Sorry you felt like I was telling you how to spend your hard earned ... I was merely being enthusiastic. Theres a whole stack of reasons to go for the upgrade as you know but I do understand the need to placate Finance Ministers ;) 1min and 1sec, I would have thought it would be faster, I'm getting 45sec and my rig is a point down on yours.
enjoy
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

marginata

cyphyr

Accepted

Only had the box for a couple of weeks and am still playing

Still stand by my critiscm of a few forum members who spoil it for others

Mike