This is so fricking funny!

Started by buzzzzz1, July 26, 2008, 05:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzzzz1

I never knew that Renderosity had a "Critique Gallery", did you?  Funny thing is, there's only one picture in that critique section and it hasn't received one critique.  Does have some comments though. Go check it out! http://excalibur.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?section_id=47&genre_id=

I always said Renderosity was nothing but a "Chat room" with pictures. LOL  And why do they call it an Art Community?
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Xpleet

You have to take it a little differently on rero.

those are a few rules

under 10 comments 2-3 stars
above 10 comments 4 stars
exceeding 1 page of comments 5 stars

when someone says that something specific in your image is good, that means that the rest is worse :P, so for example a comment saying "great sky work" probably means that that the rest is worse.

So yeah, much critique there, just in another fassion lol.

buzzzzz1

Quote from: Xpleet on July 26, 2008, 06:21:52 PM
You have to take it a little differently on rero.

those are a few rules

under 10 comments 2-3 stars
above 10 comments 4 stars
exceeding 1 page of comments 5 stars

when someone says that something specific in your image is good, that means that the rest is worse :P, so for example a comment saying "great sky work" probably means that that the rest is worse.

So yeah, much critique there, just in another fassion lol.

I'm very familiar with rendo, I posted there for several years.  Until I got banned for not playing well with others.  Recently I commented on a Vue render asking if the trees were suppose to be floating? and in response I got a nasty Personal Message asking me who the hell I thought I was questioning their work? They said since I didn't have a gallery there, I wasn't qualified to critique their image.  I answered back with : Please forgive me, for I know not what I say.  LOL

8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
XP Pro 64 bit OS

lightning

LOL! man thats funny it sums that site up!!!
most of the artwork over there if you would call it art is a load of unfinished half naked poser garbage :)
and the comments you get are usually amazing or well done i mean how is that supposed to help you improve ::)

ha thats funny buz i bet that person was kicking themselves when they saw your art galley!!
i mean do these people want to be brown tongued all the time! how are they supposed to improve if they cant take CC ???

buzzzzz1

Quote from: lightning on July 26, 2008, 08:16:53 PM
LOL! man thats funny it sums that site up!!!
most of the artwork over there if you would call it art is a load of unfinished half naked poser garbage :)
and the comments you get are usually amazing or well done i mean how is that supposed to help you improve ::)

ha thats funny buz i bet that person was kicking themselves when they saw your art galley!!
i mean do these people want to be brown tongued all the time! how are they supposed to improve if they cant take CC ???

I don't know that they would kick themselves, although they might want to kick me.  They had no idea who left the comment as I was under cover.  ;D    Rut Roh! Andy W will be looking for me now.
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
XP Pro 64 bit OS

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Xpleet

Personally I think there is no place for critics in art, you either improve yourself or you don't. Critique isn't really much of a help and never was.

Good Art is like wisdom you can't gain it from someone else, except you copy it.

And up until then, people want apprecitation and motivation for their work.

It's actually a pretty positive concept.

buzzzzz1

So they don't really need a Critique Gallery then.  OK then another question Xpleet, at rendo can one scale the quality of their creations by the number of comments received on a individual piece? That is if you post your work to get a feel of how and if you are improving your techniques.  The answer is no.  I'll let the dead horse alone.  ;)  Just trying to make a point. My apologies.   
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
XP Pro 64 bit OS