How do I render out animation sequence to a file?

Started by sturmburg, January 13, 2007, 03:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sturmburg

Please forgive the newb question, but I just started using program today and figured out how to animate camera, but how do I render the output to a file?

thanks

JimB

It's the last tab in the Quick and Final Render nodes, where you can set frame range, name, alpha channel, and even export the terrain from the camera's point of view.
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

sturmburg

Thanks for the response.  I did see that, but the output is a sequence of .BMP files.  Is there a way to export directly to an .AVI\.WMV file?  Or is there a way to convert the .BMP files into a movie file?

thanks

Hannes

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER export directly into AVI or any other movie file (as far as I know it's not possible in TG2 to export to a movie file, thank god!)!
Imagine you are rendering a 500 frame sequence into an AVI and at frame 490 your computer crashes. Everything will be gone.
If you render in frame sequences you can always restart from the last rendered frame.

To make a movie out of your sequence there is a lot of possibilities.
The professional way is Adobe Premiere for example.
The free way is
Fast Movie processor. It's an easy program which exactly does what you want.

http://www.terradreams.de/All/Tutorials/Movietut/Movietutorial.php
It's a german site. Get it here:

Hope this helps
Hannes

Dark Fire

VirtualDub and the RAD Video Tools are also capable of importing image sequences, doing things with them (like cropping or resizing), and then exporting them as AVI files. VirtualDub is slightly better because it has a lot of interesting filters that let you do things like put a logo on the video, although the RAD Video Tools let you create a Bink format video, which can be quite useful.

fmtoffolo

keep the video in a lossless format for editing.
the final release ,,,i would use h.264 in hd resolution, but thats just my choice.
My Terragenn site
www.cgworlds.com.ar

urban_rebellion

with this animation...do i have to pre purchase terragen2? i havnt found any info on animation (tho it could be cos i havnt looked in the right places). how does it work? any1 who could give me pointers...well id b eternally greatfull.  ;)

swiftstream

You have to prepurchase TG2 Deep+Animation to use the animation capabilities. It's $299, or a $200 upgrade is you were a registered user of v0.9.