Bad weather on it's way! --> .tgd in file sharing section!

Started by Tangled-Universe, August 08, 2008, 04:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr-miley

TU

Ooooo, yes please  ;D I'm more than happy to fiddle with these things myself, but a boot up the arse in the right direction always speeds thins along a bit.  :D I'll be interested to see the render with lightenings daisies to compare

Miles
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

inkydigit

I like this alot....very nice cloudwork, and the daisys arent that bad....perhaps the lighting is a bit off on them?...maybe?....look forward to seeing more!

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: inkydigit on August 11, 2008, 09:28:56 AM
I like this alot....very nice cloudwork, and the daisys arent that bad....perhaps the lighting is a bit off on them?...maybe?....look forward to seeing more!

Thanks!

The lighting is kinda difficult, since the clouds casts a shadow on the grasses and daisy's. It is then up to finding a nice mix between the specularity and translucency of the grasses/daisy's as well as the GI settings.
THe darker lighting is "correct" and intentionally, however it could indeed be improved somewhat.

Martin

FrankB

Well done Martin!
Excellent shapes, but the one thing that disturbs me though is the yellowish and stained look on the clouds. However - if you don't mind - I thought it would be better if it looked more like this (after a little postwork on colors and so):

[attach=#]

Tangled-Universe

The yellowish colors were intentional, however I admit that your postworked version looks better :)
The vegetation has improved and the clouds have a glowing feel (slightly too much maybe) which is quite realistic.

What kind of postwork did you perform?
Thanks for the effort and posting here!

Martin

FrankB

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on August 12, 2008, 05:18:37 AM
The yellowish colors were intentional, however I admit that your postworked version looks better :)
The vegetation has improved and the clouds have a glowing feel (slightly too much maybe) which is quite realistic.

What kind of postwork did you perform?
Thanks for the effort and posting here!

Martin

I really just lightened it up, reduced the color temeratur and applied a slight glow. Maybe I've overdone the latter slightly.
Took just a minute to do all this.

Cheers,
Frank

RArcher

I agree that the glow may be just a tad overdone, but the colour temperature change has given it a brighter, less ominous feel.  Fits in slightly better with the field of flowers  ;D

Oshyan

I must say Frank's post worked version looks much better. My first thought upon seeing the initial image was that it looked great, but was too dark for those kinds of clouds. Dark storm clouds usually look a bit different. But the result after post work is great. I'm sure this and better can be achieved natively in TG2 and I'd love to see that. ;D

- Oshyan

lightning

hey martin the update pack is uploading now i will email you the update link once its done ;)

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: RArcher on August 12, 2008, 09:59:12 AM
I agree that the glow may be just a tad overdone, but the colour temperature change has given it a brighter, less ominous feel.  Fits in slightly better with the field of flowers  ;D

Quote from: Oshyan on August 12, 2008, 11:43:25 PM
I must say Frank's post worked version looks much better. My first thought upon seeing the initial image was that it looked great, but was too dark for those kinds of clouds. Dark storm clouds usually look a bit different. But the result after post work is great. I'm sure this and better can be achieved natively in TG2 and I'd love to see that. ;D

- Oshyan

Yes you're both right. Sometimes I make the mistake to do too much straight from my head instead of using references.

Quote from: lightning on August 13, 2008, 04:00:18 AM
hey martin the update pack is uploading now i will email you the update link once its done ;)

Great! Looking forward to use them ;D

Martin

lightning

yep Martin i have sent you the secure link via email enjoy the update!

Tangled-Universe

Thanks!

You all may find this link interesting:

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=3691.msg48625#msg48625

With sharing this file I hope to encourage everybody to improve these clouds further and to also share the results in the cloud library section to help Calico, the others and as well as myself to create the most beautiful cumulus type of clouds available :)

Look here for what I mean:

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=4642.0

Enjoy!

Martin