Counter error

Started by reck, August 10, 2008, 05:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reck

I've checked lightnings grass file and I can't see any reference to the Z:\FLORAWORKS\lightnings folder. As far as I can tell all the images contain no paths, only the file name. But just to make sure i went through every node and reloaded all the images. Yet when I render I still get these messages saying it can't locate the path, yet the grass seems to render ok as far as I can tell.

Also for this same object i'm getting warnings - "Counter error in populator pop model 2.tgo". As far as I can tell it doesn't seem to affect the final image. Whats causing this and how can I fix it?

Thanks

reck

OK I've sorted the path problem, opened the project file in notepad and did a search but i'm still having counter warnings. I've just started a new project and i'm again getting this counter warning, can you tell me whats causing it please and how to fix it?

Oshyan

The counter error occurs when population rendering encounters an issue. In many cases it does not affect the final image, so you can safely ignore it if you don't see a detrimental effect in your rendered image.

- Oshyan

reck

Ah that's good to hear. I'm starting to see this message a lot more recently for some reason but it never seems to affect the final image. It was slightly worrying at the time though because I think I got over 40 warning messages in that last project.