problems with TG2 crashing

Started by datey, January 14, 2007, 04:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

datey

hi guys...i was wondering if i were to reinstall TG2 would i still have as many crashes as i do now...? i can import some ter.files and some i cant....the ones i cant TG2 crashes straight away....i only render at quick render size and i still can not add water....crashes on me then too...
i have a pc...only 512MB of ram..but will be getting an extra 1GB in march..and i do not have any other programs running at same time...
i hope somebody can help me please...
thank you
kim

Will

what is your CPU speed? Terragen is quite heavy on the CPU and that could be it, also  there are still bugs that need to be worked out and you could try reporting them in the support page or check around there to see if people are having the same trouble.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

jo

Hi Datey,

I don't think a reinstall will help much. TG2 can be quite unstable, though some seem to have more trouble than others, and we're working hard to fix the stability problems we've been able to track down.

Regards,

Jo

datey

ok thank you guys.....i know i need more ram..only have 512MB..will be getting 1GB in march for my b/d..i cant wait....i do know i cant do water...just sorta stalls on me when i do...
but you were of help so thanks again
kim