Orbit Clouds WIP

Started by Hetzen, August 18, 2008, 10:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

The most recent versions seem to have darker clouds which I don't think is necessarily a change for the better. But otherwise looking good. The cloud mask is well utilized. Looking forward to seeing the animation.

- Oshyan

Hetzen

I think you're right. I'll have to go back a few saves and pull out the Atmosphere and Cloud Density settings.

I ran into another problem. I found there was obvious banding on the animation as the sun elevated. It's not obvious on a still, so have supplied a link to a .mov file zipped. This is not the final movement, I wanted to see how the sun level interacted with the clouds as it moved, especially in the red side of things.

www.mediastation.co.uk/AnimationIssuesTest01.zip

After rendering out a cropped area with higher quality settings, found out this wasn't the problem. Then I switched off my 2D cirrus layer and rendered another strip out, which seems to have solved it. Looks like there is no 'fall off' with the light on that layer. I'll render out another pass this evening. I may have to comp the cirrus layer in post with a moving mask. Not a biggy.

I've also up loaded frame 68 out of 100 to highlight the problem, which isn't that obvious unless you see the animation.

Oshyan

Nice little sequence. I wonder if the banding is related to cloud acceleration cache settings. If your acceleration cache in the 2D layer is still on, try turning it off and rendering one of the problem frames. You might also try adjusting the quality settings (increase), although I have a feeling that won't help.

- Oshyan