Tiled textured on object

Started by pagan, August 19, 2008, 05:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pagan

Does anyone know how to get rid of the tiling of a texture?
I am importing an obj file with no material.
I am creating my material within TG2 but the texture is tiled many times.
Does it depends from the UV's of the imported objects? Is it possible to adjust it within TG2
Thanks

AndyWelder

You need a so called seamless image to get rid of the seams that produce the tiled look because AFAIK you can't adjust this in TG2. The "Blend border" function only works till a certain point.
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

pagan

Sorry...what I mean is that I don't want the image to repeat on the object, not to get read of the seam.
Bit like image projection but using existing UV's
What is AFAIK?

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: pagan on August 19, 2008, 08:10:57 AM
Sorry...what I mean is that I don't want the image to repeat on the object, not to get read of the seam.
Bit like image projection but using existing UV's
What is AFAIK?

AFAIK = As Far As I Know

Andy is right I think, because as far as I know too TG2 doesn't offer this kind of functionality. You'll have to create and assign materials to UV's in a 3rd party programm.

Martin

pagan

Originally this is what I did in my app, then exported as obj but still getting extra bits that I don't need.
I have used an object larger then the image mapped on it, this is in order to make use of the alpha for transparency.
I just want the central part of the Image(see picture) without repetition.
Is there any setting I should  have when exporting obj?
is it something I can do in poseray?

j meyer

Hi,
do you use an image map shader or a default shader?

pagan

moodflow

One thing you can do to fix this "tiling effect" is to create another image map shader with either a different size scale, or shifted a bit (if same size), then use a merge shader with a power fractal as a mask to blend them together.  Make sure the fractal mask scale is about the same size as the main details in the image. 

This should show parts of each image randomly dispersed across the object based on the power fractal.  You could combine and stack this with other image map shaders at different scales for even more diversity.  Sounds harder than it really is.
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

Oshyan

I believe the Default Shader tiles images by default and also keeps them at the default 1 meter size, unless UV's are present to tell it otherwise. In the absence of UV's, I'd suggest using an Image Map Shader instead and there you can turn tiling on or off and adjust the scale.

- Oshyan