Sweaty Balls

Started by dandelO, September 01, 2008, 06:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

Bill: Did you just day 'Dickorum'? C'mon, man, have a little respect for forum etiquette! :D

Mr Miley: Noted! Sorry to offend. ;)

Calico:
QuoteIf so, maybe he can change the title.
Lol, yeah, right!

Macgyver:
QuoteI feel really "Balls to the wall" about that
Perhaps you could use your Swiss-Army Knife, to some effect, to alleviate your discomfort?

Bryce: :P :D

rcallicotte

All of this talk is sort of ballsy. 
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mandrake

I did try your first caustic shader on my no frills honda and liked the effect of the two tone paint, all the edges went to the darker color had never thought to apply it to my balls, I'll have to play with the new shader tonight.  :o

MacGyver

Oh behave!
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Will

Well I think we all like looking at images of wet balls...was that pushing it?  :P
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

dandelO

Quote from: Mandrake on September 03, 2008, 12:54:19 PM
abr:...caustic shader... had never thought to apply it to my balls, I'll have to play with the new shader tonight.  :o

There's no caustics shader in this .tgd. Although, I think I can see evidence of real caustics around the highlights on the balls. Maybe only wishful thinking.
Here's a quick round-up of the setup: Each TG sphere has another sphere inside it, the inner spheres are 0.01m smaller than the outer, and have been textured using a fake stones shader with a 100% transparent, flat water shader as the fake stones texture. This makes the droplets pop through the surface of the larger outer shell sphere(just a coloured reflective texture), making it seem like the water's on it.
If you try to build water on to the surface of a single sphere, the whole thing will become transparent, this way though, the outer sphere surface is visible through the water.

The ground is the very same idea, except, a red power fractal and another reflective shader was used for the wooden table top effect and a plane object(with another flat water shader as its texture) very slightly beneath the terrain. This water plane is being displaced from under the planet surface and through it, making 'puddles' on the table. A smooth, close-scale PFS creates this displacement.

Lol, look at us, budding landscape artists tittering over a couple of shiny wet balls on a table. Very mature, guys!
I dunno, I post a serious image to the forums and we revert to a group of primary 3's!

Shhh! Here comes the teacher. Miss Holden... ... ...  ::) :-X :-\ :) ;D :D :D :D :D :D

Mandrake

This is the caustic shader applied to the color function of the paint. It did pick up the two tones, but no caustic, I guess I was hoping for the effect similar to the way they put fish scales in the paint

Seth

thank you very much for the explaination dandelO

Mr_Lamppost

What's this? I go away for a week and when I come back I find you all playing with dandelO's balls.  ;D

The doubled object is a nice idea though.  8)
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

dandelO

Mandrake: That's a nice paintjob, I can't see how the caustic shader is applied in it though.
The indicator light objects seem to be casting a strange hollow shadow. I've seen discussions about this here before, on how to fix it or, the causes of it at least.

Mr_L: Not only are you letting the forum down, your letting yourself down, Sonny Jim! Further testiculisation of the afore-pictured Sweaty Balls will not be tolerated!  :D

jo

Wow, I feel like I'm back in primary/grade school or something reading this thread ::). Let's try and keep it decent. Ooops, too late...

Regards,

Jo