Procedural Night Sky

Started by dandelO, September 05, 2008, 08:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

No matter, I'm an idiot.

normhol

Very generous. I've got this tucked away until I'm better versed in TG2.
Norm.

Seth

i am rendering something right now but i'll try !
this is a very different approach of the night sky... i didn't think about this way... good job.

old_blaggard

http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

dandelO

No matter, I'm an idiot.

rcallicotte

Some good thinking.  I can't wait to try this.

Thanks.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

DeathTwister

Wow bro ya I hear ya, and what a wonderful resource for peeps, that is why everyone here will add to that and why this was all created so rest assured most of us have goodies to share back, but your resources are wonderful, thanks.

I remember a interview with Jo Walsh once and one of the questions the reporter asked was, did he get upset with people using his guitar licks and making songs from them.  His answer was Hell no, as I go and grab the licks back and make them my own again.  Meaning anything with most of us that gets used will be unique as artists are just kinda that way /winks... so you safe as all of us are with sharing.  Besides your right we can all learn faster if we all work together and share what we learn.

Having said that I will post some Skies of mine here soon since I am going to do a bunch here for a project I have in mind and there will be lots of extras so to speak getting to that perfect Sky Box I have in mind. You one Top Elf my brother.

DT
Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions

choronr

Thank you; now I must find that model of a Coyote baying at the moon. I appreciate your generosity DandelO!

Mandrake

Awesome dandelo, much thanks!!

FlameEye6

Um, is there any reason at all that when opening any of the two files it gives me a loooong list of errors (over 30)? Or why it doesn't be seem to be rendering correctly?

dandelO

No matter, I'm an idiot.

Alf15000

Thank you ! It will be very usefull :)

TheBlackHole

I might use this as a space background for some of my scenes. I wouldn't use it as a night sky because then you need all those fancy surface shaders so it doesn't look like a "noob" render and it's easier to project a map onto a planet from space.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

dandelO

No matter, I'm an idiot.

TheBlackHole

Let me clarify: "...all those fancy surface shaders so it doesn't look like a 'noob' render"
I was referring to surface shaders on the ground. It is easier to project a map onto a planet from high above the surface. I usually use a second camera to do that. Then I render using the default camera. In my experience (somewhere around a week or two  :) ) scenes render far faster from space, and that's a real plus for me. Especially because I'm very impatient.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?