Relink missing files ?

Started by Firechild, March 15, 2012, 05:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firechild

Hi ! I am a brand new Terragen2 rookie but I love to watch tutorials and manuals. However I can´t find the simple task to relink missing files.
For example.
I made a terragen project on one computer which used some additional Object files from a harddisc called "Terra".
I open up the project on another computer which has the same object files but stored on the system disc "Macintosh HD".
Now when opening the project on the other computer I get errors about missing files and I can´t find a way to tell Terragen where they are !!!!
I am used to have a dialogue asking me to search for missing files or manually open a folder.
My workaround was that I took an USB stick and named it "Terra" and put the missing files there.
Sorry for asking this newbie question.

jo

Hi,

It's a good question. Have a look at this:

http://www.planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Preferences_-_Library_and_Content_Panel

Try adding a User Content folder for your Object folder. If you do this on both computers you're using you'll be able to move the project files between machines and the object files should be found on both computers.

Regards,

Jo

Firechild

Thanks.
Exactly what I was looking for !
Wow, is this the "fastest response" forum in the world  :)

choronr

I had this (and still have) very same thing happen after I went from a 32 bit to a 64 bit os (Windows 7). Will have to recheck this.

Dune

I work on 2 computers which have exactly the same disk layout, so it always works. Also my objects are symmetrically stored in libraries on both pc's.