Thanks to the Planetside Staff and Thanks to this Community

Started by rcallicotte, March 14, 2012, 07:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

To the Planetside Staff -

Before TG, I had no hope I could learn anything to do with 3D.  When TG2 came out and I got in at the beginning, I was thrilled to think I could do what I could do for the money I paid.  I couldn't afford Maya or Lightwave and I could think of no other way to make cool scenes in the 3D like I could with TG2.  When I had questions about anything, no matter how small, the staff was there to help.  I learned the basics of 3D by hanging out here and asking questions, while I built scenes in 3D.  The resulting effect over time was a hunger for more 3D and I started learning other 3D programs. 

Thanks to this staff we have a community where rudeness is discouraged and people can ask anything to usually find an answer, which usually causes us to think more about 3D.  Brilliant.

Thanks to TG2, I've been able to see people who were other users of TG2 get opportunities to work with pros in professional environments for movies, games, documentaries and advertisements.  These same people who came here to offer jobs sometimes gave help or advice.  Many other professionals who worked in large projects in the professional world would come here to ask questions and some even answered a variety of questions we users had.  This all because of the staff who worked here, their connections and their commitment to 3D graphics as well as to the Fx community.

To the Planetside Community -

Thanks to you I have been able to come here and ask anything only to find consistent, brilliant, useful help time and again for years (how many years? 6 or 7?).  If not for the environment of helpfulness here, I would not have learned enough to get into other 3D programs and actually create a few pieces I'm happy I made.  People have even contributed full files or shown partial pieces of their fantastic discoveries so we could all participate in their brilliance.  Wow.  Pretty cool.  I learned to appreciate art, imagination and varying points of view.  This learning has included 3D and yet so many other subjects.  I've learned that others will actually listen and that I can count on nearly everyone here to contribute something.  Thanks for all you have done to help me.  I appreciate it.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Hetzen

On the 'sauce' tonight Calico? It's what 4am yourside right now?  ;D

Seriously though, I think the tone of the forum has been mostly good and very helpfull.

rcallicotte

;D  It was close to 6:30AM CST.

Quote from: Hetzen on March 14, 2012, 08:22:44 AM
On the 'sauce' tonight Calico? It's what 4am yourside right now?  ;D

Seriously though, I think the tone of the forum has been mostly good and very helpfull.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

elipsis1

I'm new around here, but I feel the same way.

Thank you Planetside, and a big thank you to the community.

Oshyan

You guys, all of you here, and so many others, are really what makes this community great. We do our best to foster a good atmosphere, but honestly it usually comes down to a "light touch". Very occasionally we need to mediate some little spat, but they usually solve themselves. We've been blessed with a great user community, so for all we do, you are very welcome, and for all *you* do, you have our (Planetside's) thanks! :)

- Oshyan

Dune

Henry Blewer

I am very glad to be part of this awesome community. Thank you all for the help and support!
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Lady of the Lake

I am very new here and have such a lot to learn to even begin to think I know something about TG2.   Everyone has been so helpful, it has been sincerely appreciated.  We all learn at different rates and by different means and this seems to be understood by those here.  Thanks.