heightfield bug?

Started by gradient, January 14, 2007, 07:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gradient

Just noticed that when generating a heightfield...then deleting it....the node screen still shows the "heightfield generate 02" node"...although the heightfield shader 02 is now gone....
Same happens when I load a heightfield then delete it...heightfield load 02 still shows up....

Also still have the issue where the directory strings on the left screen go blank occasionally esp when you have many shaders....if you click in the "blank" spot, they appear again....

Will

wierd

im sure jo or Javajones will find it intresting
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

jo

Hi,

Quote from: gradient on January 14, 2007, 07:32:55 PM
Just noticed that when generating a heightfield...then deleting it....the node screen still shows the "heightfield generate 02" node"...although the heightfield shader 02 is now gone....
Same happens when I load a heightfield then delete it...heightfield load 02 still shows up....

This is a known problem.

Also still have the issue where the directory strings on the left screen go blank occasionally esp when you have many shaders....if you click in the "blank" spot, they appear again....

I think I've been able to fix this, hopefully there should be a new Windows version out to our alpha testers soon to see if this is the case.

Regards,

Jo

RedSquare

In the mean time,  if you select say water from the top tabs then terrain you should find reference to the offending item has disappeared. :)

buzzzzz

Quote from: jo on January 14, 2007, 07:39:30 PM
Hi,

Quote from: gradient on January 14, 2007, 07:32:55 PM

This is a known problem.

I think I've been able to fix this, hopefully there should be a new Windows version out to our alpha testers soon to see if this is the case.

Regards,

Jo

Hmmm? So what you're saying is that the alpha testers are using a different version than the paid registered users? And why wouldn't Us paid users get that improved version also? Not trying to stir things up but this has me wondering?

Will

Maybe its not stable enough at the moment. Also that would take way the romance of being a super secret tester always on the bleeding edge of technology :)

Regards,
Will

Njen

buzzzzz: Because that's the case with about every bit of paid for software I know of.

FrankThomas

QuoteHmmm? So what you're saying is that the alpha testers are using a different version than the paid registered users? And why wouldn't Us paid users get that improved version also? Not trying to stir things up but this has me wondering?

At a guess it's because we aren't part of the Alpha test team :)

Seriously though - the alpha team will have hardware that is well known to the dev team and in the possible event of the fixes causing even more weird effects, it's more direct to report from the alpha team than it is via here

Will

I agree with Frank but if planetside is looking for anyone  ;)

Regards,

Will

buzzzzz

Thanks Frank! That makes good sense. Thanks for clearing it up for me.  :)

gradient

@Jay....I'm sure the alpha testers are a few builds ahead of the paying folks.....

Oshyan

The reason the alpha testers will sometimes have different versions than the paying customers is because we want customers to have a build that has reasonable stability ensured. The alpha testers have signed up for a bit of punishment, the paying customers not necessarily so. ;)

The alpha testers are sort of the "first line of defense" - they'll hammer on a release for a little while making sure there are no glaring issues, then once a build comes along that seems good and stable, that is made available to the registered users. Without this process you guys would be subject to a lot more uncertainty, instability, and other issues. Granted the current Technology Preview build you have available has plenty of its own stability issues, but there's no sense updating until they're sorted out. An update should be available fairly soon which addresses many of the most significant issues.

- Oshyan

Lucio

Hello to all the alpha testers :D

Will

Those men and women are brave brave souls. Fighting the good fight agiesnt bugs and errors that show their ugly heads. I salute you all....

Regards,

Will