Explorer

Started by choronr, September 09, 2008, 02:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Without the BLACK HOLE FROM MESA, this looks very very good.  Great lighting.  Much improved.  It reminds me of the pictures of the old 3D viewing glasses that had cartoons in 3D or showed landscapes in 3D.  You know the ones?  Viewmaster!  That's it.  The lighting and clarity reminds me of a viewmaster 3D image.  This is a complement, in case you're wondering.

Sorry to see your troubles with the black square.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

choronr

Thanks calico, I tried a 1% size reduction of the render; but, that didn't work either. Now, I'm rendering at 1152x864. Hopefully, this will work out. I find it difficult to contain myself from complaining; and, sometimes I think this software is ahead of most of the computers out there.

PS ...I'm from Phoenix; but, Mesa is not far away.

choronr

Finally, after four renders, the picture completed after reducing the size to 1024x768. Thanks to all for your suggestions and help. Except for learning some things here, I think I wasted my time.

moodflow

Quote from: choronr on September 14, 2008, 12:52:34 AM
Finally, after four renders, the picture completed after reducing the size to 1024x768. Thanks to all for your suggestions and help. Except for learning some things here, I think I wasted my time.

You didn't waste your time.  You learned some things and gave the rest of us inspiration in the process.  The next image you created would have looked very similar to this if you didn't create this one.  But since you created this one, your next will likely be a step ahead.  Thats how I look at it in my own case atleast.   :)
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

rcallicotte

I think this still reminds of the crisp Viewmaster images.  I'm expecting to see a sort of plastic Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fud coming out of that shack any minute.

I agree with Moodflow.  We're all learning and this work is good.  Keep experimenting, when you have time.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

Personally I think it's a very nice image. I like the plant distribution, clouds, lighting, and background mountains especially. The shack adds a nice element of interest.

As for the black unrendered area, it seems like you do have consistent issues of this kind. I suspect once again that it may be memory-related. If at all possible consider going 64 bit for your OS in the future as it may help...

- Oshyan

choronr

Thanks Oshyan. I think in part, the problem has to do with the terrain since I used it for three pictures. I'm working on a new one using a different terrain and I haven't had any issues so far. Yes, I will change to a 64 bit OS when you folks come out with the final version of the software.