Still Crashing

Started by normhol, August 26, 2008, 02:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

normhol

I just wondered if Oshyan or anyone at Planetside has discovered why the Technical Preview 1.9.99.1 is crashing with Windows 2000. It has been almost 2 weeks and I haven't had anything to practise on.
Norm.

Oshyan

I was able to run some tests on Windows 2000 and could not duplicate your problems. At this point I don't think it is Windows 2000 specifically that is causing it, unless there is something specific to your setup (I know there are others who appear to be having similar issues however). I presume you have Service Pack 4?

- Oshyan

normhol

Yes, I have service pack 4.
I downloaded build 1.9.04.1 from the internet and have been messing with it and it is as stable as a rock.  It is the update that is unstable and crashes.
Norm.

Oshyan

It may simply be that the significant changes in the UI have added features that require functionality not available on your older system. But we will look into it to see if there is anything we can do on our end.

- Oshyan

normhol

Chinaski

Hi,

A little up just for know... Is there some news about last technical preview version crashing on windows 2000 system?
You don't understand me ? That's normal, I don't speak english.

Matt

Norm, Chinaski, I will send you both an email. We may be able to narrow down the problem if you can test intermediate versions between 1.9.04.1 and 1.9.99.1

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Chinaski

Thank you very much Matt.

I will test this (and will send you a feedback email) as soon as possible. ;)
You don't understand me ? That's normal, I don't speak english.

normhol

Quote from: Matt on September 16, 2008, 03:24:16 PM
Norm, Chinaski, I will send you both an email. We may be able to narrow down the problem if you can test intermediate versions between 1.9.04.1 and 1.9.99.1

Matt

Tested and e-mailed results. Thank you .
Norm.