Vilage scene

Started by cyphyr, January 15, 2007, 09:02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyphyr

Hi all
I have been working on a village scene, mediterian style. and I thought I would shaare the state of play with you. I like the way its going but its anoying having to import each object seperately on a surface basis. What I mean is that as it seems terragen is not supporting UV mapping properly yet (please let me be wrong) I have to import a Walls object, a Roof object and a windows and doors object so that they caan be textured seperately. I tried making a simple cube in Lightwave, uv mapping that and saving as a LWO and as a OBJ but the obj crashes TG2 and the LWO places the UV data only on one side of the cube. I hope Proper UV mapping in introduced as I'm sure it would open out a whole area of artistic exploration to us all
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Will

neat! you might want to make the water a bit more greenish though. Keep it up :)

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Dark Fire

I want to live in that village!

MooseDog

very! successful test.  congrats.

afaik, surfacing .lwo's is broken atm.  the reader is not picking up the uv information.  a solution has been promised if i remember right.

free solution for testing purposes is to use blender to import your .lwo and save out as a .obj.  while lightwave will save out .obj's, blender's format is much more up-to-date.

Will

Yes blender is a good program, never really figured it out though, the water simulation system is nice though.

Regards,

Will

Oshyan

That's a great little scene you're putting together. I can't wait to see the final.

UV maps are already supported with the OBJ format; the LWO format does currently have issues with texturing. If the OBJ is crashing your render, try exporting as TGO immediately after loading it (Right-click the object node and Save Object As), then re-load from the TGO after removing the OBJ and try again. This workaround often fixes the crashing and your textures may also work correctly. Fixes for the OBJ crashing issues are coming soon.

- Oshyan

cyphyr

Great, good to know this will be addressed. One issue I have come accross recently is that of imported meshes "Falling Appart" under fairly small displacements. (see example) Is this also being worked on for next mini update / bug fix?
Thanks
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Will

I think I have seen this on the fourms before and I do belive its being looked into.

Regards,

Will

Oshyan

The ability to displace imported objects will be improved. For now "very small" displacements should work, but "very small" is not an exact figure. ;) When I say it I mean on the order of centimeters, not meters. Try something quite small and work upward from there.

- Oshyan