[Image map shader]About "Projection" which is

Started by Mid-Knight Acchan, October 08, 2008, 10:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid-Knight Acchan

When choosing Image map shader from Displacement shader and deciding Projection,
The function of each of Plan Y & Side X & Side Z can not be understood.

http://midknight.ame-zaiku.com/

First, it created a block in heightfield generate.
It made displacement amplitude about 1000 and it did the work which livens an image.
Plan Y got into swing as expected at the y axis from the surface of the earth.
However, there is no change in Side X and Side Z.

[Sample 1]

A line like the crack was stored in the block when choosing Position center.
[Sample 2]

In case of Side X, did it think that it got into swing to the direction of the x axis but is this a mistake? :'(

I started 3D landscape with "Bryce" and am currently editing Japanese Wiki as a Terragen user. I am riding the Kawasaki ZEPHYR1100. I am a reader.

pagan

Mid-Knight Acchan

Quote from: pagan on October 08, 2008, 10:36:28 AM
Can not access your site

sorry :-[
It changed the end of the link.
The first image at the site is a sample.
I started 3D landscape with "Bryce" and am currently editing Japanese Wiki as a Terragen user. I am riding the Kawasaki ZEPHYR1100. I am a reader.

Oshyan

The projections work as follows:

PlanY: Projects perpendicular to the Y axis, which is the up/down or "vertical" axis. So PlanY will project a texture as if you were looking straight down on the terrain.

Side X and Z are the same but for the X any Z axis, which are top/bottom and left/right respectively. So it will project a texture "sideways" onto the "side" of a terrain.

Spherical treats the surface as a sphere, Cylindrical as a cylinder.

ObjectUV will respect the object's UV mapping, if any.

Finally, Through Camera projects the image directly through the camera's view.

I hope this helps some.

- Oshyan

Mid-Knight Acchan

Oshyan!
Thank you for a very clear answer.
Working of idea wrong and Side X and Z was able to be understood.

One function was able to be acquired by this again.

pagan

Be carefull when using Through camera mappings I have encountered crashes from time to time...save your work always

Mid-Knight Acchan

At the time of choice of "Through camera", it crashes unless I connect a camera. Advice thank you papan ;)

Mid-Knight Acchan

In a Flip and repeat tab, I think that Flip X and Y do not function. ???
I think that the description of merely image map turns over, but...
Will how to use be wrong?

cyphyr

Quote from: Atsuhito Nakagawa on October 09, 2008, 11:24:37 PM
At the time of choice of "Through camera", it crashes unless I connect a camera. Advice thank you papan ;)

If I'm using an image node I've got into the habit of adding it via a right click in the node window, browsing for my image, then assigning a projection type and finally linking it to the other nodes, this way, no crashes, ever :)
richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Matt

Quote from: Atsuhito Nakagawa on October 13, 2008, 12:05:32 AM
In a Flip and repeat tab, I think that Flip X and Y do not function. ???
I think that the description of merely image map turns over, but...
Will how to use be wrong?

This has been fixed recently.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

teksurgical1

When using an image map shader for an entire planet, is it always necessary to increase the size in the Image map shader settings?  I am often having trouble mapping an image to an entire planet of default scale.  I have tried Plan Y settings positioned in center, also spherical projection, and I can't see the bitmap image effect.  Where is the best place to connect it also, on a default planetary scale? thanks for this seemingly obvious question

Oshyan

For mapping an entire planet you should use Spherical Projection and adjust the *position* to be the same as the planet. So for the default planet it would be 0, -6.378e+006, 0. That should work.

- Oshyan

Mid-Knight Acchan

In thanking you, it is MATT.
Until it is improved, it processes an image map and it supports.

Hey,teksurgical1.
http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=3648.0

Mid-Knight Acchan

Variously, thanks to the advice, the manual achieves page 100 today.
Be still far until completion but together with the development of TG2, let's exert together. ;D

The appreciating

Mid-Knight Acchan

In a displacement tab...

"Smooth disp interpolation" and "Convert disp to linear" and "Disp data is linear".
Which scene are these functions to use in?

I tried it in suitable image map. However, I was not able to find a change.

Thank you.