strata isle

Started by inkydigit, October 08, 2008, 04:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkydigit

another render using the same techniques as my last post...(redirect shaders+voronoi+power fractals+strata and outcrops shader etc etc)...added some vegetation courtesy of klas (tree) and lightning (two populations of pinus bush)...thanks to both!...some minor contrast and colour tweaks in pw...thanks for dropping by and taking time to view and comment/critique as these are always welcome and appreciated!
:)

Oshyan

I really like this. A very nice "feel" to it. Not much to critique, just a nice, well-rounded effort. :)

- Oshyan

chaps

I like this one very much.

It reminds me a scenary I've seen 2 weeks ago near Bormes les Mimosas, in the French Riviera.

My only concern is about the 3 biggest trees. In my opinion they look too equal. I think it would be better if you suppress the one in the middle.

Bye,

Pascal.

matrix2003

Hey Inky that is cool!  Great image.  ;D
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

schmeerlap

A very nice scene. I may have panned my camera a little more to the right to get a bit more of the distant shore for better balance of near and far contrast. Rock structure and texturing is excellent. Vegetation, given the limitations of Terragen, (rudimentary variation using rotation, lean, and scaling) is nicely dispersed.
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

rcallicotte

Nice and peaceful, inky.  What thing to improve it might be a change in the variety of trees...for realism.  When trees are spread out like this, it is easy to see how alike they are.

Nevertheless, good lighting and nice all around image.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

jcinbama

very nice  work the texture on the rock is awesome :o :o :o :o

toseknows

Wow! Can I come and live there?