Public Upload/Download Site for Your Files

Started by MeltingIce, January 15, 2007, 06:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingIce

Got this up and running, seems to work very nicely.  The site will allow you to post your .tgd's and other Terragen files for easier access by other people.  Guests can view and download files but only registered users can upload files.  It shows their username and a description next to the file.  The only weird thing was that the account activation code was sent via email but it was in a .txt attachment instead of just in the email.  You can get to it here: http://meltingice.net/userdownload

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

Will

MeltingIces you beat me too it ;)

request sticky

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

MeltingIce

Yea sticky this please, I have plenty of bandwidth and storage space so I should be able to handle the load with no problem.  (I've handled you guys going to designpaths.com with no problem so far  :P).

monks

Great stuff!- will be checking out your tutorials soon as I get a chance  :P

monks

Will

So far it seems the record is 11 downloads for Alian Planet and My PLA 20 7 1T close behand with 10

regards,

Will

MeltingIce

Quote from: Will on January 16, 2007, 12:25:13 PM
So far it seems the record is 11 downloads for Alian Planet and My PLA 20 7 1T close behand with 10

regards,

Will
Haha, bring it on  :P

Will

8) Currently 22-17 my favor  :P

Kindest Regards,

Will

MeltingIce

Quote from: buchvecny on January 20, 2007, 12:34:57 AM
i think you should add screenshots
I will as soon as the website for that php script is working again so I can download the mod that lets you do that  :P

Will

48 to 22 my favor ;)

also whats the file size limit? I have a 5mb clip file I tryed to upload but it didn't work.

Regards,

Will

MeltingIce

Quote from: Will on January 22, 2007, 07:46:54 AM
48 to 22 my favor ;)

also whats the file size limit? I have a 5mb clip file I tryed to upload but it didn't work.

Regards,

Will
The filesize limit should be 12MB.  I'm uploading a file now to test this out, I'll get back to you in a minute.

MeltingIce

Ok thats it, I'm sick and tired of PHP Advanced Transfer Manager.  I'm switching to Olate Download right now.  I will transfer all the files that have been uploaded already so that you don't have to reupload them.  Olate Download will also let you put images in the file description, as it has been requested many times.

Will

You just want to restart so my file can be at 0 downloads again don't you ;)

Putting up an image will be nice and did you figure  what was going on with my 5 mb clip file?

Regards,

Will

MeltingIce

Quote from: Will on January 22, 2007, 05:17:51 PM
You just want to restart so my file can be at 0 downloads again don't you ;)

Putting up an image will be nice and did you figure  what was going on with my 5 mb clip file?

Regards,

Will
I don't know what was up with that.  Anyways, the new download system is up and running.  It doesn't require registration so that makes it much easier for everyone to upload their files.  I made it so you can only upload Terragen related files so there will be no spam to worry about.  If I remember correctly, the file extension for Terragen 2 clip files is .tgc right?  If not please correct me so I can edit the file permissions.  When you upload a file, add a picture in at least the short description, if not the long description as well.  200 pixels wide is a good size for the thumbnail (you can either resize it on your computer before uploading, or resize on the server.  Resizing before uploading is MUCH preferred).  Enjoy the new system, I hope it works out well.  Let me know if theres anything that needs changing.

Also, I know it asks for a filesize when you upload it. I'm not sure why they did this but just put in an estimate, it doesn't have to be exact.

I know I said eariler that I would reupload all the files from the previous download manager, but that means that the files won't have images in their description because I don't have a render of them.  Because of this, would everyone who uploaded please upload their file again, and preferrably with an image thumbnail preview.  Thanks!  ;)