Hazy Cliffs

Started by RArcher, October 16, 2008, 10:34:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RArcher

Yet another cliffside image.  Normally I keep the haze value at around 1.5 - 2.  For this image I increased it to 10, then doubled the camera exposure.  Once rendered a couple of extra soft light layers in photoshop gave it this nice soft glowing look.  Bushes and Grass were from Lightning.  Total render time was 11 hours at 0.85 detail, 16AA, 3/3 GI with supersample checked.

inkydigit

may be the first to say....fantastic image....love the detailing here, great mood too!

rcallicotte

I agree with inky, but really want to see the stone surface.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

FrankB

Another great image. You seem to really have nailed how to make great rock structures.
Also, the vegetation looks very good here.

Frank

PG

WOOAAH!! :o This is an incredible effect. It took me ages to realise it was a render.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Hannes

Fantastic, but I'd like to see it without the glow.

RArcher

Sure Hannes - Here you go.  Only postwork done has been to do a levels adjustment.

Mandrake

Did I comment on this one... Dang you spit out so many awesome renders....
You know what my hope for this one would be... Is that eventually TG... would be able to have that trickle of water run off on the left. Can you 90deg. the left side of the scene an do those crazy water things, and then flip it right in PS and combine the two?
Well you said you were going to do something crazy. ;)

lightning

man this is cool!!! i love the textures on the cliff face and the pov!!! there really is nothing i can pickout of this render!! because its so good!

rcallicotte

RArcher, your work is usually so great.  I love the lighting and the realism of this one.  You obviously have a creative mind.

Blow through, dude.  See what none of us (even you) thought you could do.  <--  Challenge. 
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

Great image. I like the non-glow version better. Extremely realistic, great vegetation!

- Oshyan