Little problem with node network visualization

Started by Lucio, January 15, 2007, 06:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucio

I haven't read if something similar has already been posted, if yes excuse me.. I would like to ask only a little question:

my node network window on the interface displays strange triangles, and I can't explain why

Below I have also posted a screen capture of the problem. It seems to me that this doesn't cause any problem to the software, that works definitely fine, but is a little annoying

Someone could explain me why this happens? Maybe the graphic card? I will appreciate any hint

Thanks in advance,

Lucio

Will

Vary strange, your correct I have not seen such thing reported before could you post some of your computer specs? I think it has to to with the Objects, Terrein, ect shows up on the left side of the node network. Does it happen when you are zooming or navagating the node network?

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Blackheart6004

I'm pretty sure its your video card. I do recommend updating your video card with the latest driver(s) even if its an old one.
My DeviantArt Profile - http://blackheart6004.deviantart.com/

Lucio

Yes, the problem persist navigating the node network. I run on a P4 2.8 Ghz, 1 Giga RAM, Windows XP Pro 2002 SP2. My video card is a SiS 661 FX, and I've upgraded it with the latest drivers. However I'm still arguing that's something concerning this video card

Will

I think is a compadtablity issue with your video card or that your screen is just not refreshing that area fast enough. I don't really know acualy but maybe Javajones or jo would. They are the Planetside employes around here so they would know if anyone did.

Regards,

Will

Lucio

Quote from: Will on January 15, 2007, 07:11:01 PM
I think is a compadtablity issue with your video card or that your screen is just not refreshing that area fast enough. I don't really know acualy but maybe Javajones or jo would. They are the Planetside employes around here so they would know if anyone did.

Regards,

Will

Maybe you're right, I will do some more experiment. Anyway thank you very much!

Tim O'Donoghue

You can also try taking the video  hardware acceleration down a notch or two:

Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced > Troubleshoot

Lucio

Quote from: Tim O'Donoghue on January 15, 2007, 08:51:18 PM
You can also try taking the video  hardware acceleration down a notch or two:

Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced > Troubleshoot

Well, I have also tried that solution but the triangles persist.. thanks anyway!

Oshyan

It looks like an odd graphics card issue, as others have guessed. Unfortunately that SiS graphics system is pretty uncommon and fairly old. It so far appears to be the only one encountering the issue so although I'd like to say it will be fixed, unless it ends up being more widespread I don't think we can really devote much time to addressing it. However it may be resolved by an incidental update for other issues in the future.

- Oshyan

Lucio

Quote from: JavaJones on January 19, 2007, 02:51:17 AM
It looks like an odd graphics card issue, as others have guessed. Unfortunately that SiS graphics system is pretty uncommon and fairly old. It so far appears to be the only one encountering the issue so although I'd like to say it will be fixed, unless it ends up being more widespread I don't think we can really devote much time to addressing it. However it may be resolved by an incidental update for other issues in the future.

- Oshyan

Thanks Oshyan. That's true, my video card is uncommon and pretty old, but I don't mind very much about that 'cause I'm going to renew my hardware this year. I'm sure this problem is related to that. No big deal, it doesn't affect the software functionalities at all. Maybe it could be incidentally resolved by future updates. We'll see.. At least I can say I have a very unique issue of the software.. a bug that no others have :D

FrankThomas

Actually, I've seen this on a PC at home running XP Home - not a very high spec PC at all but I was thinking of using it to render stuff as I can leave it running all the time.  Trouble is - the PC crashes out of TG2 pretty much every time you try and do something so back to the drawing board

Tim O'Donoghue

Quote from: JavaJones on January 19, 2007, 02:51:17 AM
It looks like an odd graphics card issue, as others have guessed. Unfortunately that SiS graphics system is pretty uncommon and fairly old. It so far appears to be the only one encountering the issue ...

- Oshyan

FWIW, I have a new(ish) laptop (Athlon64) running a SiS graphics chipset and it seems fine so far.

Tim O

Lucio

Quote from: Tim O'Donoghue on January 19, 2007, 11:13:47 AMFWIW, I have a new(ish) laptop (Athlon64) running a SiS graphics chipset and it seems fine so far.

Tim O

That's interensting, please can you specify the model of your chipset?

mael971

hello

same problem than usciouscio on my gericom laptop with sis M661MX video card...

Will

definatly seems to be a sis related problum, but Tim seems to have it work so maybe his is just a newwer car.

Regards,

Will