Mars Animations

Started by nvseal, October 20, 2008, 03:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bertrand

Don't know why on earth (or Mars) it took me so long to find this thread. This is spectacular stuff, yet unsurprising knowing where this is coming from - I just loved those Snicker ads! You guys are the dog's bollock!

MacGyver

@bertrand: I suppose one can find those snicker-ads on Youtube, could you link there? I am really curious ;D
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

nvseal

Quote from: MacGyver on October 29, 2008, 05:25:44 AM
@bertrand: I suppose one can find those snicker-ads on Youtube, could you link there? I am really curious ;D

You can also find them on the unexpected home page www.unexpected.de.

MacGyver

Thank you! :D
Oh, by the way, where do I have to look for it? Doesn't say "Ad" anywhere :P

MacGyver

Thank you!
I almost suffered a heart attack watching them, dude they rock! ;D

SteveScout

Hi!

@cyphyr: WSM projection in 3dsmax is a camera mapping modifier that updates the projected texture every frame - so the rendered TG2 image sequence can be projected onto the surface (imported from TG2) through the main camera that has been used to render the TG2 sequence as well. The motion blur seams in the picture´s edges can be avoided by mirroring the texture´s tiling settings with a 0.5 value. This way one should be able to ever render overhangs and complex structres and apply the motion blur later in the 3d package - of course the imported geometry will take a lot of memory, but hey, it´s less slow than rendering everything with high mblur settings in TG2 or re-rendering if the outpu was somehow not what one had in mind.
We´re rendering one more sequence at the moment ... I´d like not to put any motion blur on it .. these millions of nice rocks and stones .. so levely .. *sigh*

cheers,
Steffen

SteveScout

oh .. and before I forget: A brand new Snickers Spot is online on our website www.unexpected.de - and all CG/action lovers will be happy with it! For the tech geeks .. there´s still the Making Of! ;)

Steffen

efflux

Mohawk20

I like the blooper at the end of the 'making of'  :D
Howgh!