quick question about translucency

Started by dogslikeus, January 16, 2007, 12:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogslikeus

am i correct in assuming that translucency and/or subsurface scattering haven't been implemented yet? i know we have the lambert shader which does transparency, but that's not really the effect i'm going for.

Will

correct translucency has ot yet been implmented but it is being planed for a future release I beleave :)

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

dogslikeus

i thought so. thanks for confirming that :)

Superza

Just  a thought, i never tried,  but it could be that using transparent + luminous shader could give some effect similar to traslucency, i would try this
Regards Max

Will

Intresting idea, tell us if it works.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

dogslikeus

interesting. i'll give it a shot :)

i haven't played too much with the luminous shader as every time i've tried it hasn't worked out well. are there any good settings for a general effect that i could then tweak?

Superza

Quote from: dogslikeus on January 17, 2007, 12:33:34 AM
interesting. i'll give it a shot :)

i haven't played too much with the luminous shader as every time i've tried it hasn't worked out well. are there any good settings for a general effect that i could then tweak?

I tried this night and i am in render now (unfortunately it will be long).

In my opinion looks like to work  and give a bit of translucency effect, using the following layer order (same level, not child)
Lambert - Luminous - Reflective
Btw it's a little bit slow :D

Best Regards Max

Njen

I ran into a translucency like effect with one of my scenes. Even though it was unintended, it looked cool.

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=321.0