Animation Blur

Started by rcallicotte, November 03, 2008, 09:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Why would this occur?  I'm sure it has something to do with the sun, but it doesn't show up like this, unless I do an animation.  A regular render won't blur.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mohawk20

It's a bit small to see clearly, but if it's really blur, then just go to the camera settings and set Motion blur length to 0.
Howgh!

rcallicotte

Since it's related only to shots facing the sun, I think it's something else.  No objects are in the way and I'm 100M above the ground.

Thanks, nevertheless.

Matt

It looks like it could be the recurring problem with very values for "smallest scale" in your fractals. Otherwise it's probably something else which is displacing surfaces into the sky from beyond the horizon.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

rcallicotte

Thanks Matt.  Should I expect the animation frames to be more sensitive to the smaller fractals than a regular render?  If so, I'll be on the lookout.

Matt

Quote from: calico on November 03, 2008, 04:25:42 PM
Thanks Matt.  Should I expect the animation frames to be more sensitive to the smaller fractals than a regular render?  If so, I'll be on the lookout.

No, I don't think so. But when you're rendering multiple frames you tend to increase the chances of finding problems which would otherwise lie dormant.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.