Object population -- Runtime Error!

Started by Zonic Blazer, October 26, 2008, 01:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zonic Blazer

Hi guys,

The title says it all. For the first time, I have been trying to populate my landscape with trees and vegetation, but approx. 20 % later in the population process, there occurs a so-called "Runtime Error". I have no idea why this happens, have any of you got a clue how this might be?  ???

In addition, the sun is visible through mountains/hills when rendering... I presume this is a bug awaiting to be fixed by the next update?

Vielen Danke!

Mohawk20

I think the runtime error is caused by lack of sufficient Memory (RAM)... that's the cause in most cases anyway.
Howgh!

rcallicotte

Mohawk has likely hit the nail on the head.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

Were you watching the populating process when the error occurred? Approximately how long had it been running and what number of populated objects had it reached when it crashed? What is the object spacing and area coverage (size) of your populator? Finally, how much RAM do you have?

The sun-through-terrain issue can be resolved by turning on Raytraced Shadows in the atmosphere quality tab. That is the only solution currently.

- Oshyan

Zonic Blazer

Never mind, people, I managed to figure it out (you guys were correct on the lack of RAM... after all the object spacing was 10, and the population area 100,000 x 100,000). :D LOL, not even my 4 GBs of RAM (3 GB-usage, due to Vista) are suffiecient for such fine numbers. ;)
Anyways, I set the object spacing to 100, that seemed to solve all my problems. I am very happy now! ;D

Oshyan