1 Million Pound Scratchcard for UK Residents Only

Started by rcallicotte, October 28, 2008, 01:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

This really isn't spam.  Really.   8)

I have a 1 Million Pound Scratchcard that I can't use and it has sections where I have three identical panels and two identical panels.  I can't win anything, since I'm from the U.S.  Anyone want to call the number?  But, on second thought, maybe I should sell this one.  Anyone from the UK interested?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

PG

If it's for a million pounds you should move here to claim it :D
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

rcallicotte

I can't find out without calling the phone number on the scratchcard.  I believe I probably already need to be a resident.

Hopefully, it isn't a scam.  It comes with a magazine I get from the UK.

PG

Oh yeah, they're scams. The only real ones over here are National lottery ones.

JimB

Calico, just recreate in text all of the wording on the card here. Particularly the phone number. Don't give us the numbers, though, and I'm sure we'll be able to figure out if it's genuine or not.

Probably a scam, and the number is also probably an uber-high-rate phone number. But maybe British Telecom will be able to tell me if it is.

But also do a Google search on a specific length of text "in quotes" first.
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

PG

If the number starts 09 then it's premium rate. The small print should have a company name, search that. and post us the website.

matrix2003

-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

rcallicotte

Here are some numbers.  Let me know if you want something else -

Phone (for each one) - 0906-158-2557 and 0906-158-2615

Address - Purely Creative; Claims Department, SC, 1 Mannin Way; Caton Road; Lancaster, LA1 3SU

If you win 1M, please give me 10%.

PG

Well they're not a National Lottery company and those numbers are premium rate but thats where they get a lot of the money to pay for the prizes. Search the company in google, they've got a freephone number in their contact details. Obviously wouldn't be freephone for you.

JimB

Calico, are you sure it's a one million winning card, and there's nothing on the back indicating it's one of the prizes you might have won?
http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/3762-anyone-fallen-con.html
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

Will

You lot may not gave known this about me but I am actually a disposed Nigerian prince. With this community help I can kill be evil uncle who claimed the thrown after my fathers death (I suspect he killed him). All I ask is that if you can please sent me your bank account numbers, birth certificates, or even hard cash so that I may begin stockpiling arms so I can violently over throw him.

Thank you,

Prince Muadaba -Will- Galfuanta

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

rcallicotte

LOL

Thanks guys.  Glad I checked.  You all were very helpful. 

(now, to call that number and get my million pounds on the sly...)

Matt

When I was in the States I apparently won a VW Beetle. 3 times, from 3 scratch cards. So of course I didn't call!

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

rcallicotte

Rats, Matt.  That card came with ImagineFX magazine.  I wonder what the scoopy-doop is with that?