Distance Shader with 3D Clouds?

Started by Njen, January 16, 2007, 02:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Njen

Is there anyone who can get this working? If so, can you please post the tgd file? I would be extremely grateful :D

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Will

Njen what are you tring to acomplish? becuase Ive got a way to get an area around the camera to display a diffrent color from that out side a given radius.

Regards,

Will

Njen

I want no clouds close to the camera, and clouds far away from the camera.

Will

Oh ok Ill keep working then ;)

Regards,

Will

Edit: well that was weird, I went to render and everything froze for a minute then everything except menu bars of all my programs went black, I exited and it stoped.

Blackheart6004

If you're suggesting pf putting clouds on the horizon, i would go through this thread - http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=111.0
My DeviantArt Profile - http://blackheart6004.deviantart.com/

Will

Thanks blackhart Ill keep working from there then, hold on njen im trying!  :D

Regards,

Will

Njen

Quote from: Blackheart6004 on January 16, 2007, 02:53:46 PM
If you're suggesting pf putting clouds on the horizon, i would go through this thread - http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=111.0

Blackheart, I actually posted in that thread asking the same thing, but I got no response with a working file, but that might be because I was hijacking the thread. So I decided to make a nw thread specifically asking about this topic.

Will

By gorge (hows it spelled?) I think ive got it. though there is weird shadow artifacts not sure about those.

Regards,

Will

Will

by the way you may need to with the cloud, denisty, and distence shaders to get it exactly right.

Regards,

Will

Njen

I just tried it and it didn't work when the camera was below the clouds. I posted already in the other thread.

ProjectX

that could be because the distance from the camera inreased when you went below the clouds, try increasing the range of the distance shader.

Njen

No it's not. I already tried increasing the distance.

Kevin F

Njen, is this what your after? I just played around with Wills file (thanks Will). Precise placement of clouds is not really possible, since they're randomly generated by the seed value. I changed this 'till I got something roughly right then as Will said, adjusted the Density values in the Density fractal (Cloud fractal shader3). Don't know what ticking the clamp low box does, but I ticked it anyway!
Kevin.

Will

Nice work, I think what njen is after though is that when your on the ground that  there will be no clouds near the camera. The only way I think that it could be done with the distence shader is if they had a clindrical way of measurment.

Regards,

Will