Distance Shader with 3D Clouds?

Started by Njen, January 16, 2007, 02:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Njen

Quote from: Kevin F on January 17, 2007, 06:08:28 AM
Njen, is this what your after? I just played around with Wills file (thanks Will). Precise placement of clouds is not really possible, since they're randomly generated by the seed value. I changed this 'till I got something roughly right then as Will said, adjusted the Density values in the Density fractal (Cloud fractal shader3). Don't know what ticking the clamp low box does, but I ticked it anyway!
Kevin.

I see what you are doing, but what I want is basically a wall of cloud in a defined shape. I too have played around with seed, density and coverage values a lot in other scenes I am working on. What I want I am 100% sure is a bug, which I posted in the support forum.

Cheers.

edlo

Quote from: njen on January 17, 2007, 06:53:21 AM
Quote from: Kevin F on January 17, 2007, 06:08:28 AM
Njen, is this what your after? I just played around with Wills file (thanks Will). Precise placement of clouds is not really possible, since they're randomly generated by the seed value. I changed this 'till I got something roughly right then as Will said, adjusted the Density values in the Density fractal (Cloud fractal shader3). Don't know what ticking the clamp low box does, but I ticked it anyway!
Kevin.

I see what you are doing, but what I want is basically a wall of cloud in a defined shape. I too have played around with seed, density and coverage values a lot in other scenes I am working on. What I want I am 100% sure is a bug, which I posted in the support forum.

Cheers.

Try modifying the cloud distribution attaching an image to the blend shader just make the image in photoshop the same as you would with a mask.

bigben

Quote from: edlo on January 17, 2007, 03:27:15 PM
Try modifying the cloud distribution attaching an image to the blend shader just make the image in photoshop the same as you would with a mask.

Here is an approach I posted in the other thread.  All you have to do is modify the image used as a mask to suit your own needs.

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=111.msg3862#msg3862

Ben