Downloaded a file pack, a but confused

Started by tsuki, October 27, 2008, 02:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsuki

I'm sorry, it's me again >< I did the tutorial on how to use objects, but with that the files were .objs and .tifs. One problem is that I didn't fully understand the importance and effect of the tifs used in the tutorial, but the main problem I have now is this: I downloaded lightning's highland grasses pack, but I see no .obj files. Is there a tutorial or perhaps an earlier post that I missed that explains how to use none .obj objects? Or something like the objects tutorial on this site that goes more in depth?

Edit: I should probably add that I am on a mac, and downloaded his rar file which does not include the autostart

old_blaggard

Lightning's pack should include .tgo files, which are Terragen's native file format and that import quite easily using the .tgo reader.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

tsuki

Ah, okay, I see it. I equated objects with .obj, so I didn't realize I could use tgos :) Thanks!

rcallicotte

@tsuki - you might need to reload the textures for some of the older packs from Lightning. 
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

lightning

um yes you may soon i will be taking all the free files of the net and putting them over on my website ;D

rcallicotte

Wow.  Organized.

:o

Quote from: lightning on October 28, 2008, 11:36:50 PM
um yes you may soon i will be taking all the free files of the net and putting them over on my website ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?