TG2 Scholarship fund

Started by pfrancke, October 30, 2008, 11:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pfrancke

Buzzzz1, in the last post, you hit a nerve.  We are all in different places and in different circumstances and the price to play with a full TG2 may not be there for all of us.  I'm in my 50's and at the end of my career and if I want to blow a couple of hundred, I can.  Someone else might be retired and on a fixed income.  Someone else might be pumping every dime into school books, or even gas.  Some points:
1)  I am amazed at the number of folks that massively contribute to these forums but don't yet have the full license.
2)  Pride aside, I wish we could figure out a way to do something about it.
3)  I see a lot of work posted limited to just 3 objects and I think to myself what a shame it is that these guys that really love this program are working it so hard.

For instance, DandelO's packs that he posted the other week at Ashundar was like a God send.  We benefit from stuff like that.  I wish that someone who runs this site (or the Ashundar site) could put together a way that money could be pledged and some licenses handed out to a few of those guys that really do benefit our small community.  I'd certainly pump in a few bucks once in a while.  Just need a way to moderate the process and to make the choices.  Put someone like OB that everyone trusts and likes in charge of this!

Pride would be the hardest thing to overcome though, it is a damn sensitive business that the more obnoxious of us (like me) would probably do better to stay away from.  But hey, once a person had their license and came into some loot, certainly nothing would keep someone like that from pumping in some bucks at that point.

buzzzzz1

That's a good idea and it could be completely anonymous on both the giving and receiving end.
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

mr-miley

Damn fine Idea. It would have to be anonymous, but thats cool. As you state, if someone has been given a license and they become more affluent over time, there is nothing to stop them putting some dosh back into the fund. I do think it is a shame that there are people out there who are far more tallented than myself who are working on the free version.

Miles
I love the smell of caffine in the morning