Entry for Open Discussion Contest to Send to 3D World Magazine

Started by rcallicotte, October 31, 2008, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

Cool, OB.  Where are the other contestants?  Anyone else out there?  LOL

dandelO

I was considering but I can't meet the render size that would be required for a publishable image. :(

rcallicotte

Well, submit what you can do and then, if you win, someone will help you out.  I'd be willing...if you win.  Otherwise, we're back to why you can't afford this product at such a reduced price.  Are you a student?

Quote from: dandelO on November 06, 2008, 09:35:46 AM
I was considering but I can't meet the render size that would be required for a publishable image. :(

dandelO

Actually, we're not back to any questions on my finances and why I can't afford it just now. Just the fact that I can't, at the moment, is all it really comes down to. I'm not really big on discussing my finances online.

Thanks for the offer to help though, Calico.
I will purchase this software, as I've said to Matt and Oshyan, my annual window of free spending is between Feb - July. By then I'll hopefully be in the clear and have some funds to play with.

There's nothing I want more(in PC terms, of course) than to be able to unlock my TG. I know it isn't a lot of money in the grand scheme, then again, neither is my monthly shopping bill and that's hard enough to meet half the time and still live comfortably.
I must seem a real miser when we're talking of a measly hundred quid but I do have priorities that come before TG, unfortunately.

Cheers, man, maybe I'll ask Santa for TG2 for Christmas... ;)

EDIT: No, I'm not a student.

rcallicotte

Sorry to twiddle with your finances openly.  Not my idea of a good time either.

Well, if you want to post what you have, I'm open.  It's between O_B and me and that means we cancel out each other's vote, sort of like on Survivor when there are only three people left.  :)

Mandrake

Quote from: dandelO on November 06, 2008, 09:35:46 AM
I'd love to render one of your projects you crazy NUT! ;) Sendit on over.. Want to get another system online myself!!!!
Actually a couple 64 bit ram'ed out with farm things running. ahhh dreamin again..

Esgalachoir

I'm rendering something rather interesting at the moment, are there certain guidlines to the image?  Does it have to have imported objects?  Can it only be a landscape shot, and not from outer space?  Any special requirements?

Will

If I can find the file again I'll put mine up. To the hunt!
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

old_blaggard

No special requirements other than that it can't be more than 30% postworked (whatever that means... :P).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Esgalachoir

I wonder how much 30% post-work is.  Can anyone give an example of something that is 30% postwork or more, compared to something that is less than so?

rcallicotte

We'll define it as 30% postwork as it comes up.   ;D  No worries.

Do your best to keep it in TG2.   

dandelO

My entry then... http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=5118.0

Probably around 5-10% postwork from original render(if that, it's very little), colours and some waterfall-crest edge touch-ups is all. And the frame obviously.

Let's get some more in, folks... When's the closing date and are these updatable until then?

Good luck, all!

rcallicotte

If we have any more interest, let's wait.  If not, we can close it down soon.  The idea is to get something so sensational, people will see what TG2 can really do...and the artist could get published, I hope.