No Sunlight with alternate lighting

Started by rcallicotte, January 16, 2007, 04:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Here is something many you might already know - you can light up the sky by making your surface luminous.  The first picture below is without sunlight (elevation set to -37).  The surface is luminous and no other light source is enabled. 

The second picture has only the source control (visible as white globe) enabled and nothing else. 

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Will

I thought about it but never tried, neat!

Regards,
Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Njen

THis is a cool effect that i have also played around with. For more interesting results, turn on Ray Tracing in the atmosphere for some cool looking lighting :)

rcallicotte

I'll try it tonight, if I can.

Woohoo!!

Quote from: njen on January 16, 2007, 04:31:11 PM
THis is a cool effect that i have also played around with. For more interesting results, turn on Ray Tracing in the atmosphere for some cool looking lighting :)

MeltingIce

Quote from: njen on January 16, 2007, 04:31:11 PM
Just be prepared for a much longer render time  :P
This is something I've been meaning to play around with more actually.  I'm pretty familiar with this kind of stuff though from other 3D modeling/rendering programs.

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

oggyb

I find that luminous land looks rather weird. . . and not at all luminous.

Will

it would be cool if you but a layer of ice over it

regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

rcallicotte

Yeah, oggyb, I didn't try much with the terrain.  Just added some weird texture.

Quote from: oggyb on January 16, 2007, 05:28:13 PM
I find that luminous land looks rather weird. . . and not at all luminous.