Unrecognized Class Error

Started by schroedera, November 10, 2008, 07:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schroedera

Hi Everyone,

I updated to the Beta release yesterday and recieved the attached error.  I hoped that I wasn't alone and that someone else would have posted about it by today, but looks like I'm the only one so far.  Installed it a couple times, same problem.  Running on Win XP64.

What might the problem be?

Best Regards,

Andrew

jo

Hi Andrew,

So you have TG2 related environment variable set anywhere? One of the alpha testers had a similar problem and had to update the environment variable to point to the place you have TG2 installed. I think the install location is different for the beta on Windows.

Regards,

Jo

schroedera

Hi Jo,

I don't think I do - At least, I don't recall making any registry-level changes.  Can you be more specific regarding the value to be modified?  At least that way I can have a good look.  A cursory check, searching on the word "terrgen", shows all paths pointing to the correct beta directory.

Thanks,
Andrew

Matt

Please open a command prompt and type the following:

set TERRAGEN_PATH

You will either see this:

Environment variable TERRAGEN_PATH not defined

or something like this:

TERRAGEN_PATH="C:\Program Files\Terragen 2 Technology Preview (Deep)"

It is OK for the variable to not be defined for normal use. But if it is set and it's set to the wrong directory, you need to correct that. See the file win_command_line.txt in the docs folder where Terragen is installed for some more information. It may have been set in System properties, or in some other script running on your system.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

schroedera

Bingo - thanks Matt.  That, followed by a reboot, fixed the issue.