strange view from 3d preview

Started by lonewolf, November 16, 2008, 06:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonewolf

I notice this happens a bit when working close to the ground. The terrain seems to stop in a line and then the sky starts beneath it, the more you tilt the camera forward or the closer you go, the more sky you see underneath. It doesn't render that way of course, it's only in the 3d view.In this case I'm 35cm from the ground.
Win2k sp5, TG beta.

Iain

Mohawk20

Could be the clipping distance of the preview.
If I remember correctly, it can be adjusted with the '[' and ']' buttons, increasing or decreasing the near clipping.
It's not really clear by any indicator what the current clipping value is though, maybe they should work on that a bit...
Howgh!

cyphyr

Your 35cm from zero height but your inside a mountain which goes above and below the zero pont. Make sense
;)
richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

lonewolf

Thanks mohawk, will look at that.
Cypher: I would have thought about that as well, but I am currently texuring a model and have no landscape, as in still flat, otherwise that would make sense.

Iain

lonewolf

Just tried the '[' and ']' buttons. seems to do trick.

Iain

Oshyan

Correct, that is a "clipping plane" issue with the 3D preview. Due to the extreme distances used in TG2, the clipping distance is set by default to encompass the most useful range of values.

- Oshyan