Beta Crashes often then the older Version

Started by PeterParker, November 15, 2008, 07:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterParker

Hi at all,

i´ve detected a problem in TG2 Beta:

If you are in the Shaderbox and try to remove some shaders or selct them by double Click TG will crash.
Try this: Add a terrain -Create some shaders one or two maybe three and then double click them or select them with the left mousebutton.
try to remove them and it will crash.

Do you have the same Problem?

Regards

Peter

PeterParker

I have Windows Vista 64 bit:

Any of you have the same problem?

Regards

Peter

Oshyan

What do you mean by the "shaderbox"? Are you referring to the Shader Layout accessed through the Shaders button on the top of the interface? Are you working in the Node Network View, or the Shader List?

- Oshyan

PeterParker

Hello Oshyan,

i mean the Node Network. You have different button like Atmosphere, Camera, Water and so on.

1. Go to the shader network

2. double click any Shader or right click them, do it 3-5 times then it crashes.

When i don´t work with these nodes it works correct, but when click on a shader in the shader network it crashes.   :(

How do i solve this problem ?

Regards

Peter

PeterParker

Below the 3D preview is a view of the local Node Network, which shows all the nodes and connections local to the currently selected node, group, or layout.

And when i work in there it crashes very often.

Peter

Matt

This could be the network view tooltips. Can you check in Preferences, General, "Special tooltips". You will need to disable this on Vista or Windows Server 2008 until we can get these tooltips working for those operating systems. They should be disabled by default on those systems.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

PeterParker

Thanks a lot it helped me a lot,

when you uncheck the tooltips than it´s working very fine  :)

:D

Peter