Hot box!

Started by mhaze, January 17, 2007, 01:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

I've just noticed my computer runs 10 degrees hotter when I'm running TG2!!!!

Njen

Probably because TG2 runs ar near 100% cpu even when it's doing nothing (like after the 3D preview has rendered it's detail to 100%).

This is probably the biggest fix I am waiting for. I use a laptop exclusively (I travel around a fair bit),and having the cpu temp continously high and hearing my laptop run it's fans at high speed the entire time TG2 is running even when it is doing nothing is a little disconcerting.

Dark Fire

It doesn't always run the CPU 100% - that's just a bug that occurs sometimes. If I'm going to leave my computer rendering but I don't want it to continue getting hotter when it has finished rendering, I just keep on restarting T2TP, opening my project, pausing the render preview and seeing if Terragen is using the CPU at 100%. If it is not using the CPU at 100%, I start the render.

Njen

It happens to me everytime I have anything more complicated than a single cloud layer and a fractal generated terrain, which is basically everytime I use TG2.

Dark Fire

Quote from: njen on January 17, 2007, 03:09:50 PM
It happens to me everytime I have anything more complicated than a single cloud layer and a fractal generated terrain, which is basically everytime I use TG2.
Aah...I have had projects with a bit more than that so far, but not much more. I wonder what the source of the problem is? It apparently does not affect render times (according to some post by a member of the Planetside staff a while ago), which may mean that it has something to do with the render preview (which is paused during renders).