Camera Render Problem

Started by cyphyr, November 12, 2008, 02:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyphyr

When I change the pixel aspect ratio of my render camera, the other cameras used in the scene as projection cameras (I'm using camera projection to cut holes in the cloud layer) also change their pixel aspect ratio even though they are not plugged into any renderer. I tried adding a renderer to the projection cameras and setting their aspect their but I'm not too sure of the results yet, still rendering.
richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Matt

I can't reproduce this problem. The other cameras that are used as projection cameras do change their aspect ratios, but the aspect ratio isn't used by the Image Map Shader. The aspect ratio is controlled by the size parameters in the shader's "Projection, Location" tab.

Can you show us some screenshots or renders which show the differences you're seeing when you change the pixel aspect ratio?

If you mean that the projected image appears to be stretched differently after you have changed the pixel aspect ratio of the renderer, then it should stretch in the same way as everything else stretches because it's part of the world which is being viewed by your renderer. The stretched image should line up with the stretched clouds as it did before.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

cyphyr

Did a few tests and it seems its just the visual representation of the camera (all cameras) that are linked to the aspect ratio of the render node. I was concerned that changing the aspect of the projection camera would stretch the image its projecting but apparently not, which is good :)
Thanks for looking into it though.
richard
ps by the way I just noticed the sphere populator is still not working but I'm sure you know this already
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)