question about xfrog plants

Started by Que, January 17, 2007, 03:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Que

Im just curious if theres any way of texturing (colouring) the plants n trees as ive gathered a couple of free ones from around the void and im changing them to tgo files in tg2 then importing them with the tgo importer thingy but there all comming out grey

any suggestions ?

Dark Fire

I'm sure there is a way involving an internal network, but I've never really fiddled with imported objects so I don't know the specifics of how you would texture an object.

Lucio

I think that complex and articulated models (like trees with trunk, foliage, branches etc) must be mapped on a third party software before importing them. Once the model is correctly textured you can import it as an obj or lwo, with a multishader attached on it that represents the different materials

The xfrog models you have doesn't have materials and textures?

Que

hhmm gutted im not to good at complex lol
im not sure what are with these files ive got i downloaded some xfrog files from somewhere on the net and some others ..some are the proper xfrog file and ya need the cfrog prog to convert to tgo etc but ....well im lost im going upload them if i can on another topic let you lot have a go lol

Oshyan