Last day on the sea

Started by Luminos, March 29, 2009, 07:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

domdib

Thanks for the suggestions, guys, but it's kind of up to Luminos - I'm doing a larger render for him as he only has the free edition. So maybe he would want to respond to those ideas.

Luminos

Without knowing what microvertex jittering is... I'd say a new water seed could be the way to go, the water here has no specific so there will be no upset to change it although the only effect I can see happening from this is that it may just move the black to other places and waste domdib time (not something I am a fan of). Scales on the waves I dont think I have changed from default. Rough = 0.02, Wave = 10, Smallest = 0.1. Mostly i've just played with the colours on the sky.

Well, with increasingly long end tags this is what I have after postwork. Thanks to everyone for help. Now what else can be done?
WoooOOooo I am WinDeXTor! I will clean your Soul! HA Ha ha (Echoing Laugh here)

Tangled-Universe

I don't think the black spots are overly distracting, but what happens if you increase the smallest scale to 0.5 first and then 1? Do they decrease? They will probably affect your water quite much, so I recommend to do some crop-renders first.

Further I have no recommendations. I think it is a simple but pleasant scene to look at and except for the minor issues with the water I'd consider it finished :)
Nice work!

Martin

domdib

Looks pretty good to me - nice lens flare  :) If you're happy with the result then I'd say it's a wrap.

Luminos

Very happy with it, Thanks Dom for the render and everyone with their help. Since all I was after was a simple desktop picture, I think it came out really well. ;D
WoooOOooo I am WinDeXTor! I will clean your Soul! HA Ha ha (Echoing Laugh here)

mt_sabao