Importing Files

Started by CaptoAmazo, January 17, 2007, 04:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptoAmazo

well i got this really wicked idea, (i'm not gunna share it just now because i dont want you cheeky bastards beating me too it!!) but i dont know how to Import a cloud file.... is there anyway to make a file with clouds and import it into a say a low level cloud shader????

Will

do you mean like a cloud make from anouther program or just a shader already set up in Terragen?

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

CaptoAmazo

i created a desaturated cloud formation viewed from above in photoshop and i was trying to figure out if there was a way to import it into terragen 2 so i could use it as the clouds in my piece

Will

CaptoAmazo

right now yes because im not sure what the file type has to be, how to make the file type when i find out and then how to make the file the cloud set

Will

Well Im not entirely sure if you can take a image fil and turn it into a cloud layer currenlty. Im still playing aroud with The image file shader my self but you could try a denity shader... Does anyone else have idea?

Regards,

Will

CaptoAmazo

ok that mightwork. how do i make the density shader??

Will

Create a cloud and it will be connect to it.

Regards,

Will

CaptoAmazo

yeah still there is no way to up load your own clouds into the shader, you have to use the shader by random seed

does anyone else have any thoughts???

Will

I just want to clairfy here: Are you trying to take a 2D image from photoshop and turning into a 3D cloud or or you tring to do somthing completely diffrent?

Regards,

Will

Oshyan

Plug an Image Map shader with your image loaded into it into the Density Shader input of your cloud layer. Set the projection type to PlanY in the Image Map shader and set the size high - something like 10,000 or more. This is measured in meters. Your image will be used to generate the shape of the clouds and will be affected by the Depth and other settings in the cloud layer node. You may need to zoom out and above your clouds to see how your image is working and adjust from there. You might also try "Through Camera" projection, using a 2nd camera positioned above the clouds to project and position your image.

I think you will generally find that just using an image map shader will give you very unrealistic results so it is probably best to blend that with the default Density Shader that is created with a cloud layer. Use the Blend Shader input for this purpose.

- Oshyan