Resident Evil 5 Demo Next Week

Started by sjefen, November 28, 2008, 08:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjefen

Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners will soon be able to download a demo of Resident Evil 5

This game looks so incredibly beautiful. Just look at the image. It's all in-game.
I've heard the game will have a day/night cycle. Can't imagine walking down those streets at night.

I have really high hopes for this game. I hope it delivers and I hope the demo is a lot of fun.

What do you guys think?

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

rcallicotte

This looks cool.  I'm beginning to think the days of PC gaming are slowly closing.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

reck

Quote from: calico on November 29, 2008, 07:35:04 AM
This looks cool.  I'm beginning to think the days of PC gaming are slowly closing.

Oh i'm not so sure. Just look at the millions of people that use their PC's to play WOW. Of course there are other big name MMO's out their as well and really deep strategic titles like EVE online. Then of course there are ground braking games like the Half Life series and the same developers have just released Left 4 Dead. Personally i'm a big fan of RTS games, like C&C, age of empires and Supreme Commander. A couple of titles upcoming are starcraft 2 and demigod that both look promising. These type of games are for PC's not consoles. Even if you look at FPS, which are popular on consoles, the PC is still strong with titles like Crises and Bioshock.

On top of this you are much more likely to get downloadable content, patches, mods and add-ones when playing PC games than console variants.

The one down-side of PC gaming which is a big downside in my book is the DRM crap that some manufactures put in their games. Look at what happened to Spore, a highly anticipated game that was ruined by DRM. Not all developers insist on this though. Forward thinking companies like Stardock don't use DRM and have pledged not to.

All in all I think PC gaming has a a healthy future. I play the more simple action orientated games like driving/FPS games on my playstation but I find the more complex deep thinking games on my PC more fun.